Welcome To aBlackWeb

Classic Wrestling Thread (TV Shows & PPVs)

Rewatching WM 17-20

That WM 17 crowd was meh..

Benoit and Angle had a great match and they didn’t pop much for anything. Todays crowd would’ve gave that a standing ovation throughout.

Kane/Big Show/Raven hardcore match was alright. Again, hardly any reactions from the crowd, even though it seemed more than half the match ended up backstage..but damn back then they destroyed everything and anything

Test vs Eddie, Eddie becoming the new European champ..that was a good one. Crowd sucked again.

Hardly any reaction for Ivory vs Chyna w Chyna dominating and winning smh

They were lit for Shane/Vince…watching Linda get up gave me chills. That was wild cuz she was so “out of it” forever it felt like. Great match.

The GOAT TLC match..great crowd response. Crazy to see these guys so young and agile and to know and see Edge today and where he’s at and the recovery he’s made.

Crowd was great but again, I think todays crowd would top em

WTH was this golden era battle Royale? That was super booty lol

ABA Taker vs Trips.,hope Trips wins! lol great match.

What a fuckin classic match w Rock/Austin. Gotdayum! I forget how great that was!

RAW after WM17

Steph opens; Vince is next

Typical heel Vince promo

Rock comes out demands a rematch, Vince says no

Rock puts Vince into the sharpshooter to force him to give him a rematch..he does, it’s in STEEL CAGE!

Radicals vs Test and the APA

Crazy how over Test was. Test gets the pin and win.

Steph demands a match vs Trish, it’s a whipping match. Literally whooped each others asses. Regal came out to save Steph, they double team Trish..but Jericho comes out to save Trish forcing Regal and Steph to run. So for payback, it’s going to be Regal and Angle vs Jericho.,to appease Steph, who is furious he “messed everything up”

Shit is so random lol

Rhyno vs Crash Holly.. Rhyno wins in a squash match. Molly Holly gets gored afterwards for jumping in after the match.

Vince presents the WWF title to Austin..

I forget Austin regretted this storyline/heel turn to align w Vince. And boy this was a stupid move

Austin turns on the crowd and cuts his heel promo on them..he looked hesitant here during it all..

RTC, damn that theme song is piercing and annoying..hardcore match Val Venus vs Kane. They have a normal match overall. Kane wins, rest of RTC come out to jump Kane. Kane is getting beat down and ABA Taker comes out and the Brothers of Destruction destroy RTC and end this segment with a double brother choke slam

Jericho v Regal/Angle 2 on 1 handicap match..pretty much Regal/Angle tagging in and out and breaking down Jericho…Regal gets the pin and both continue to attack Jericho after the match. Benoit comes out w the save..and both Chris’ stare each other down

Heyman “he’s not a good citizen, he just hates Kurt Angle that much!” (Why Benoit came out)

“The One” Billy Gunn vs X-Pac (with Justin Credible & Albert); decent match, back and forth..X-Pac gets the win w the Justin distraction and Albert with the Baldo Bomb..after the win, they beat down Billy Gunn

I forget how much this happened after matches..the unhinged era lol

Main event time:

Austin/Rock in a steel cage for the WWF title..

This is what today is missing..this kind of main event, this kind of chaos, this kind of attitude.

Austin/Rock go at it outside the cage. Rock is putting the beat down on Austin. Austin is already busted open, bleeding already. From outside the ring to now inside, Austin takes control. He stays in control, Vince hands Austin a chair…Rock gets back control, making Austin tap but Vince is distracting the ref. Rock his his finishers, pins Austin but Vince breaks the count by jumping on the ref.

Ref shoved Vince to the ground. Austin losing. Rocky hits the Rock Bottom, Vince breaks the count again. Rock beating down Vince now. About to hit the rock bottom on Vince but Austin stops it and now Vince/Austin beat down Rocky.

Crowd behind Rock..,Triple H music hits, runs down to the ring w the sledgehammer..face to face w Austin, but turns and hits the Rock w the hammer. The alliance grows. He had joined w Austin/McMahon. They all take turns destroying the Rock. Finishers are hit. Trash talk ensues. More beat down. Now beers come in..Austin’s music hits, the 3 all hold hands up as Rock lays lifeless.

Bruh, these shits were WILD! God were we spoiled wrestling fans at this time!

Damn, the build up to Hogan/Rock was good. I forget a lot of stuff, so I forgot how much they went at jt. nWo ramming the truck into the side of the ambulance Rock was in 👌

nWo pissed Hogan shook Rocks hand at the end, they jumped him and Rock saved him..great ending

As much of a shitstain hogan is, that will forever be such a top 5 WM match of all time. Such a pro Hogan crowd, I was happy, and still am, that he got that..he’s truly an icon. That match was good, the crowd was fire..my top 10 fav matches of all time

The hardcore title changed hands like 5x..it was Maven (c) vs Goldust

Spike came in half way during the match to pin Maven and steal the win and title

He’s later pinned by Hurricane..who’s later pinned by Molly Holly..who’s later pinned by Christian who ultimately loses it to Maven as he’d about to leave by taxi, Maven takes the taxi and leaves the arena..

rofl crazy night of exchanges

Jericho/Triple H for the undisputed to close was the wrong choice..2nd to last match for sure. Hogan/Rock was too damn big to put it 3rd to last smh

Raw after in Montreal was still very pro Hogan, mixed w Rock..but still loud Rocky sucks chants and the tables turn when he and Hogan team up vs Nash/Hall..now the crowd loves Rock lol

Anybody watch Reliving The War on the Wrestling Bios YT channel?
Every week. He does a great job with that series and the ppv follow ups to WWF/WCW.

I only ever check out the vids he does on everything but the Monday Night Wars that shits far too many episodes lol

he still not done but from time to time I check them out. Makes me remember those Raw / Nitros as an adult very differently

I only ever check out the vids he does on everything but the Monday Night Wars that shits far too many episodes lol

he still not done but from time to time I check them out. Makes me remember those Raw / Nitros as an adult very differently
He drops 1 a week. I just play it in the backround as an easy listen. I like his format from shows to ppvs.

I didn’t know Goldbergs theme was a stock theme they had just laying around..Tanaka came out to it in 1996..weird to see

Back