Welcome To aBlackWeb

Classic Or Nah Vol 9: Lil Jon & The Eastside Boyz - King Of Crunk (2002)

Classic Or Nah...King Of Crunk

• Total voters
I'm leanin towards classic.

It ushered in a new sound that everybody from Nas and Usher used. It has the sales, the hits. Most of the songs on there still cranks till this day.

This aint nigga's personal preference so they're gonna say "not a classic", but if you're being impartial it checks off all the boxes.

Hell no, this was the start of trash being flooded in the game. This nigga single-handedly almost killed hip hop

While I enjoy alot of the tracks on this album... there are some I don't rock with so I can't really say it's a classic for me personally.. Classic to me is something I can play front to back, whether its a day after release or a decade... no skips

Lil Jon did influence the sound... had the sales.. and had a helluva run tho... so you cant just write it/him off IMO

Although, Paul and Juice are the kings of crunk but this album is a classic.

From club crunk tracks like Knocking Heads Off, Throw It Up, Push That Nigga to smooth tracks that you can grind on a chick to at a party like Nothing Free and Play No Games

Hell no, this was the start of trash being flooded in the game. This nigga single-handedly almost killed hip hop
Like I’ve said Lil Jon made it so that trash rappers can be taken seriously. This album had impact but it damn sure wasn’t for the right reasons...

Fuck this album and everything it stands for...

I can’t say it’s a great album but it does have jams on it. Did it help usher in a sub-genre to the mainstream, yes. Tho you can say that for a few albums & not everyone that does that is a classic. It’s good for what it is nothing more or less.

idk..like it def defined an era. you can listen to some of those songs and theyll take you back to throwin elbows at mfs and get you hype again.
damn..lookin at that track listing again...ima go with yea

Classic album.

Throw it Up - smh. The song destroyed the clubs, parties, to the point, where you had to play that shit and alert all security Lol. I heard so many times over the mic, "We need all security to the floor, all security get yall asses to the floor, now" Lol. Niggas or chicks tearing that bitch down. Pastor Troy destroyed this song

I tell you what, that song, had you sweating, either sweating from throwing it up in a nigga face, or just sweating because of the niggas around you jumping up and down

That (Nothing Free) use to go hard in the strip club (don't know why) but that shit use to go. Classic album that you can put on at the time before heading out for the night.

Ohh Na Na, was the shit, them freaks love that shit. Use to play that shit blasting them 12's heading down to the lake

If dude would have made (Nothing Free) for a single, the album would have done more numbers.

you havent lived until you can relate to at least 1 part of this song.

i was playing this shit at 6:30am this morning and my octane rating was at 99. good thing i didnt see my ex bitch crossing the street this morning b/c after listening to this shit 3 times straight i can guarantee that hoe wouldnt have made it to the other side.

Back