Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Classic Or Nah Vol 38: Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP (2000)

Classic Or Nah Vol 38... The Marshall Mathers LP

• Classic

Votes: 30 66.7%
  • Nah

Votes: 15 33.3%

• Total voters
You black?
Mixed and probably privileged...

You demanded for the blueprint or Stillmatic to be played in the whip if somebody ask? Not saying those albums ain't classic but mfs not riding around asking mfs to throw on those records expecially no car or club request.

Last edited:
Mixed and probably privileged...

You demanded for the blueprint or Stillmatic to be played in the whip if somebody ask? Not saying those albums ain't classic but mfs not riding around asking mfs to throw on those records expecially no car or club request.

Em talk about things white ppl relate too

Ain’t no niggas asking to hear that shit

Em talk about things white ppl relate too

Ain’t no niggas asking to hear that shit
Which I get and personally I dont care to hear Eminems album casually either. I was just making a point how there are alot of classic albums or songs from the album that people are not requesting to hear in the whip or at the club like that. NY maybe.

After MMLP his production has been 98% trash. I think it might be the last one Dre was actually hands on.

Yeah but before MMLP his production was 98% trash.

I liked Sing For The Moment, Lose Yourself and Renegade. Otherwise I could do without Eminem.

Edit. Stan was cool

Last edited:
I used to think it was a classic. Ask me 5 years ago id say classic.

But about 2 years ago I went back and listened to it, and ended up skipping like half the tracks. Beats aged bad, and even though Em got bars the topics and content aged bad. Aint really trying to hear the shit he rapping about.

Bumped it right off the classic status to me.

What I can't understand is that Eminem was signed by Dr Dre.

How come his production is lacking?

Dr.dre dont be producing like that for Aftermath artist. Notice the niggas that put out multiple albums on that label were dudes that didn't sit around waiting for Dre beats. They basically get they albums done n then bring it to Dre for mastering or feedback. Kendrick, 50, eminem. Even Game networked with mad producers to get his shit done. K.dot barely utilizes dr.dre far as music is concerned. Plus, em is a producer himself and he has in house shady producers he worked with

LOL @ Em being a producer

I mean...the dude does make beats. Are some better than others..yes. but he produces. He has actually produced some great records. Renegades, moment of clarity, lose yourself. He did "Til the end" on Lloyd banks first album n remixed "warrior". Em actually has had a decent career as a producer. He fucked up that one Pac album, but we still got "running (dying to live)" out of it.

I mean...the dude does make beats. Are some better than others..yes. but he produces. He has actually produced some great records. Renegades, moment of clarity, lose yourself. He did "Til the end" on Lloyd banks first album n remixed "warrior". Em actually has had a decent career as a producer. He fucked up that one Pac album, but we still got "running (dying to live)" out of it.

I don't think Eminem really produced anything. He was the hottest name in the business circa 2000-2004 so it made sense to put Eminem's name on everything, even things that he had nothing to do with.

If he really produced all the songs you named, why did he stop "producing"?

I'm far from a Eminem Stan n I don't mess w his new shit how I used to listen to around the MMLP era. But dude has put in serious work in the game. He has had some major misses, but that's gonna happen when u put out as much music as he has.

I don't think Eminem really produced anything. He was the hottest name in the business circa 2000-2004 so it made sense to put Eminem's name on everything, even things that he had nothing to do with.

If he really produced all the songs you named, why did he stop "producing"?

I mean. I wasn't in the studio w the dude, so I can't guarantee he produced the shit. But dude was getting production credits for ALOTTA great records. Did he produce, co produce idk. I just know the dude was out there as a "producer" and some great music came out of it. Does dr. Dre "produce" everything that cones out under his name, Kanye?. There seems to be a certain energy to discredit what Em has done in the game. As a hip hop fan, I seen the dude have a 20+ year career n respect it.

I mean. I wasn't in the studio w the dude, so I can't guarantee he produced the shit. But dude was getting production credits for ALOTTA great records. Did he produce, co produce idk. I just know the dude was out there as a "producer" and some great music came out of it. Does dr. Dre "produce" everything that cones out under his name, Kanye?. There seems to be a certain energy to discredit what Em has done in the game. As a hip hop fan, I seen the dude have a 20+ year career n respect it.

Yeah like it or not, Eminem is a legend and will probably be inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame when he's eligible.

Having said that, I thought Carry The Cross and Moment of Clarity were the worst songs on each respective album.

And that Tupac album he did was a dud.

Yeah like it or not, Eminem is a legend and will probably be inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame when he's eligible.

Having said that, I thought Carry The Cross and Moment of Clarity were the worst songs on each respective album.

And that Tupac album he did was a dud.

So u was bumping "change clothes" n hitting the skip on "moment of clarity" my guy? Ok. 2 each his own

So u was bumping "change clothes" n hitting the skip on "moment of clarity" my guy? Ok. 2 each his own

The Pac album was super trash. But like I said, at least we got the joint w biggie out of it and Em brought hip hop that moment. Gotta give credit where i s due far as production. I remember seeing an interview around that time, where Eminem broke down how he put that song together.

Back