Welcome To aBlackWeb

Civil Rights Leader & American Hero John Lewis Has Passed Away

Clinton was way out of pocket talking about Stokely Carmichael like that

NO.
Clinton was truthful and further showed how John Lewis was considered a token among liberal politicians.
I suspect many black people paying respects haven't been reading between the lines here.

Much of the praise John Lewis is getting from the dominant society is not in good faith far as I'm concerned.
Had John Lewis not pushed non-violence and inclusivity, he would not be getting this kind of attention.
They are just trying to promote their idea of a safe negro instead of others like Stokely.

Bill Clinton can get the fuck outa here speaking on the movement.. he has no right or place to say how far is too far.

That being said.... Tariq putting REAL in all caps implies that John Lewis wasn't a civil rights leader in his own right.

It's wack as fuck that Tariq chooses to wait until this man passes away to speak down on him like he's been doing. It's nasty.. and it's corny as fuck

Bill Clinton can get the fuck outa here speaking on the movement.. he has no right or place to say how far is too far.

That being said.... Tariq putting REAL in all caps implies that John Lewis wasn't a civil rights leader in his own right.

It's wack as fuck that Tariq chooses to wait until this man passes away to speak down on him like he's been doing. It's nasty.. and it's corny as fuck
Wrong.

Hes been talking down on John Lewis for 10 years

Yall stay making assumptions about Tariq because you don't like him (for no reason)

Wrong.

Hes been talking down on John Lewis for 10 years

Yall stay making assumptions about Tariq because you don't like him (for no reason)

For the record.. again.. I never said I don't like Tariq. I just dont like some of the shit that he does.

And coo if he disagrees with John Lewis' stances, that's fine... We all aren't going to agree on everything.. but to continually disrespect that man after he's passed is corny as fuck no matter how you paint it.

I just think continuously speaking ill of the dead is distasteful as hell.. *shrugs*

For the record.. again.. I never said I don't like Tariq. I just dont like some of the shit that he does.

And coo if he disagrees with John Lewis' stances, that's fine... We all aren't going to agree on everything.. but to continually disrespect that man after he's passed is corny as fuck no matter how you paint it.

I just think continuously speaking ill of the dead is distasteful as hell.. *shrugs*
It's deeper than merely disagreeing with stances. Some feel his stances are detrimental to our progress. To keep it blunt ppl believe John Lewis was on some cowardly turn the other cheek for life shit. People feel like that's a horrible lesson for the black youth to learn. That's the reason the conscious community as a whole disses him. Is what it is

And as far as speaking ill of the dead, where was that energy in the herman cain thread? He's actually getting roasted
?

It's deeper than merely disagreeing with stances. Some feel his stances are detrimental to our progress. To keep it blunt ppl believe John Lewis was on some cowardly turn the other cheek for life shit. People feel like that's a horrible lesson for the black youth to learn. That's the reason the conscious community as a whole disses him. Is what it is

And as far as speaking ill of the dead, where was that energy in the herman cain thread? He's actually getting roasted
?

I'm In agreement that the media likes to tout the more peaceful civil rights leaders.. that's plain for all of us to see... and I dont agree with the stance non-violence either.. but to throw dirt on that mans name and to act like he contributed NOTHING to the movement after he's passed... like I said... it's corny as fuck.

the Herman Cain shit.. Oh I see it in that thread... I dont agree with or like that shit either.

Because of who he chose to align with and his past actions I don't have much nice to say about that man so I kept it movin... simple as that.

The "conscious community" ain't done shit but talk about it. So they should can kindly shut the fuck up when talking about a man who literally risked his life for us. Ol wrote it in your notepad and invented your life ass motherfuckers.

The Jews close ranks dont break their code. Cops same thing. Gays same thing. But we gonna shit on John Lewis?! You dont know who your enemy is??? Disagree with the tactics (but not the results of course, cause you benefit from that) but disagreement does not need to lead to disrespect, especially a man who isnt even cold in the ground.

For some "conscious" folk, they sure do sleep to me.

I'm In agreement that the media likes to tout the more peaceful civil rights leaders.. that's plain for all of us to see... and I dont agree with the stance non-violence either.. but to throw dirt on that mans name and to act like he contributed NOTHING to the movement after he's passed... like I said... it's corny as fuck.

the Herman Cain shit.. Oh I see it in that thread... I dont agree with or like that shit either.

Because of who he chose to align with and his past actions I don't have much nice to say about that man so I kept it movin... simple as that.
Nobody threw dirt on his name, he just not throwing praise on it. If we're being honest everything he contributed was symbolic with little substance after Selma. Id expect a black Congressman to move the needle much more than he did. Last time i checked he spent his last days caping for illegals while black people are still being systematically slaughtered by racist cops

The "conscious community" ain't done shit but talk about it. So they should can kindly shut the fuck up when talking about a man who literally risked his life for us. Ol wrote it in your notepad and invented your life ass motherfuckers.

The Jews close ranks dont break their code. Cops same thing. Gays same thing. But we gonna shit on John Lewis?! You dont know who your enemy is??? Disagree with the tactics (but not the results of course, cause you benefit from that) but disagreement does not need to lead to disrespect, especially a man who isnt even cold in the ground.

For some "conscious" folk, they sure do sleep to me.
You're just conditioned bruh. Simple as that

Nobody threw dirt on his name, he just not throwing praise on it. If we're being honest everything he contributed was symbolic with little substance after Selma. Id expect a black Congressman to move the needle much more than he did. Last time i checked he spent his last days caping for illegals while black people are still being systematically slaughtered by racist cops

cmon bruh knock it off.

Clowning saying RIP to the man while posting a picture of Symone Sanders is disrespectful and throwing dirt on his name
Suggesting he didn't do anything for black people is throwing dirt on his name
Suggesting that he wasn't a "REAL" civil rights leader like Stokely... is throwing dirt on his name

But maybe this should be a separate thread.

You're just conditioned bruh. Simple as that
You a simple minded fool. His parents picked cotton. You talking down on him from the comfort of the internet. In between this man dedicated his whole actual life to make that happen.

Voting rights, desegregation, march on washington, freedom riders, congressman. Who you talking down on bruh?! For motherfuckin' king flex?! The shiftless nigga who pays for funerals with the same money he swindled out of people blind enough to follow him? But I'm conditioned? My brother, your leader is am actual pimp. What does that make you? Dont answer that, everybody already knows.

You a simple minded fool. His parents picked cotton. You talking down on him from the comfort of the internet. In between this man dedicated his whole actual life to make that happen. Voting rights, desegregation, march on washington, freedom riders, congressman. Who you talking down on bruh?! For motherfuckin' king flex?! The shiftless nigga who pays for funerals with the same money he swindled out of people blind enough to follow him? But I'm conditioned? Mu brother, your leader is am actual pimp. What does that make you? Dont answer that, everybody already knows.
You're too emotional bruh, you got it

This the martin vs malcolm argument redux right? Cause you dont like the way the enemy uses their image, all of a sudden their work is no good? How about we use this energy against people who are actually against our interests? Or our we just too myopic to embrace the stick and the carrot?

You making a false choice, and talking down on someone who literally risked his life for you. Like I'm a bleeding heart for you, that they've got you so deep that you cant recognize your own brother.

I ain't worried about what white america says about black men and women, not their praise not their critiques. I rock with EVERYONE that is for black liberation. I'm on OUR side. You and your ilk on some Kobe vs shaq shit, more interested in winning your way, but that ain't it. Everybody got a role to play, dont diminish 1 for the other.

This the martin vs malcolm argument redux right? Cause you dont like the way the enemy uses their image, all of a sudden their work is no good? How about we use this energy against people who are actually against our interests? Or our we just too myopic to embrace the stick and the carrot?

You making a false choice, and talking down on someone who literally risked his life for you. Like I'm a bleeding heart for you, that they've got you so deep that you cant recognize your own brother.

I ain't worried about what white america says about black men and women, not their praise not their critiques. I rock with EVERYONE that is for black liberation. I'm on OUR side. You and your ilk on some Kobe vs shaq shit, more interested in winning your way, but that ain't it. Everybody got a role to play, dont diminish 1 for the other.
I had something typed but then i got a notification from Professor Black on John Lewis. Perfect timing. Here is the perceptive some black people have if you wanna understand

Back