Welcome To aBlackWeb

Chrissy Teigen pays woman's tuition for esthetician school

Race Jones

gangster. grace. alchemy
There are a lot of reasons to love Chrissy Teigen. For starters, she's a role model for standing up to online bullies, and her social media presence definitely makes it seem like she'd be a pretty good friend. Not to mention the fact that she's totally relatable (I mean, who wouldn't want tomake a Bloomin' Onion at home?) But on top of that, Chrissy also has a really big heart – and one woman got to see the model's generosity in action this weekend.

Mercedes Edney was raising money online to fund her esthetician school tuition when she received a huge donation on Friday night (April 7) from Chrissy herself. Mercedes took to Instagram to share the news of Chrissy's kind gesture with her followers, writing: "Something absolutely amazing happened last night. Many of you know how much I love skin care and my plans to attend esthetician school next month. Last night I posted my tuition fundraiser on Twitter, and something I never in my wildest dreams happened. My Paypal alert went off, and as I looked at my phone, there was amount of $5,605."

Her post went on to explain that she thought it was a glitch, but when she opened her email, she realized that Chrissy had paid off the remainder of her tuition. Along with the donation was a personal note: "I've seen this be your passion for such a long time now," Chrissy wrote. "So excited to see you fulfill your dream."

In her 'gram, Mercedes added: "I have been crying all night and I cried in the office this morning as I paid my down payment for esthetician school. I haven't been this happy in a very long time. Thank you Chrissy and thank you to everyone else who voted or RT'd my link or have supported me this entire time. It means more to me than you'll ever know."

That is a really nice gesture and based on the girls Cruzan reference she is from St Croix. Makes it better.

Back