Welcome To aBlackWeb

Chino XL Passes Away At 50

A staple in underground hip hop. Chino was the poster child of underrated emcees, to the point his name barely comes up in those convos. If you were an anti-radio head that bought freestyle compilations and printed out rap lyrics to study them, you knew what time it was with Chino. RIP.

@Csopq Was that Dilla song official? I always thought it was a Dilla tribute or a freestyle.

A staple in underground hip hop. Chino was the poster child of underrated emcees, to the point his name barely comes up in those convos. If you were an anti-radio head that bought freestyle compilations and printed out rap lyrics to study them, you knew what time it was with Chino. RIP.

@Csopq Was that Dilla song official? I always thought it was a Dilla tribute or a freestyle.
It's official. It was on the I Told You So album.

RIP.

I heard of him especially when Pac dissed him for whatever reason, but don't know too much about him or his music.

My sympathies for the loss.

I read a few articles mentioning an EP that dropped yesterday called My Pen Will Always Be Around. I listened to 2 songs on my lunch and twice on my way home. I wanted to share it w my wife and it's gone. 4 songs Last Supper, My Pen Will Always Be Around, Someone Else and I unfortunately can't remember the name of the other song. It was eerie for sure

I would've commented sooner but I was stunned. Crooked I's tweet said it all. RIP.

This guy was the definition of a "underground rapper" to me, in all the best ways.

past couple months I been listening to his showstealing verse on Madlib & Oh No's album.

Screenshot_20240731_073033_Chrome.jpg

CRAZY.

I STOPPED IN MY TRACKS when I heard this bar lmao this man punchline pen was wildly underrated.....

96d32d3a463273b22121e86e13648d480290e256.jpg

Things weren't always like this
In the 70s they were still a lot of tension between blacks & Latins
My mother's parents weren't happy that my mom was marrying a Puerto Rican from the Bronx
Pretty dumb huh?
But in a small town in Jersey, people talk.
They needed to be worried about my crazy uncle Bernie and the group he just joined.
Parliament funkadelic.
You'd think after that they'll be ready for anything
My father's family
Mean strict catholic Puerto Ricans wasn't happy when dad was marrying a Black women from Jersey
But mom & dad didnt care what people felt
The Bronx is where we would live 1st.
Right down the street of where HipHop began
Latin rhythms on the street
Funk, Soul, rock
I had a lot of influences growing up around my uncles group.
P- Funk always spoke their mind
I guess that's where I get it from
That and the iLL Jersey streets we moved to after mom & dad split up
It's probably not a surprise who met me as a kid that I will be a little wild

To the ones who said I will grow up to be nothing but a Knucklehead......

You are absolutely........ Right

Yo fo real yo
This shit got me all fucked up son
I don't give a fuck yo
I'll drive this motherfucker right into traffic yo
I don't give a fuck yo

👩🏾Yo stop driving crazy
😐shut the fuck up
👩🏾wtf
Yo word is bond I need a sign yo
I'm stopping right here till I get a sign

Never will your mental conquer me