Welcome To aBlackWeb

TECH Chinese firm Royole Co. creates worlds first foldable tablet/phone smart device

i thought i mentioned this a while back.

but i am up on all the new phone tech.....like the new pop up camera on the top of smartphones.

but anyway.....its not about how it bends....but how many times can i bend it.
and how is it with rough heavy handed people.

can be bent 200,000x.. so what happens afterwards?

It has the snapdragon chipset. 8100 series from Qualcomm.

Shit is hard to get for us lil guys. I just talked about Samsung snatching them up to @Sion like a month or so back.

LavishShallowCats-size_restricted.gif

i thought i mentioned this a while back.

but i am up on all the new phone tech.....like the new pop up camera on the top of smartphones.

but anyway.....its not about how it bends....but how many times can i bend it.
and how is it with rough heavy handed people.

I was watching unbox theproy and thats what the dude said too

He was playing with phones, tablets and shit that folded

While a dope idea, the number of bending is the important factor. Depending on the material of the screen, that's a pretty low safety factor for something that is gonna be constantly bending. That 200,000 is a life cycle of the glass. That number could be lower.
Being a mechanical engineer, I deal with a lot of materials. Each material has it's own set of material properties and if any heat treatments is applied which would affect strength, hardness etc.
The phone has its most important weakness where it actually bends. Once it's bent those amount of times depending on how a person uses it then you start to deform the material. Bend radius, elongation, tensile strength are important factors.
Best way to explain is a rubberband which is considered as an elastic or the proper term elasticity. If you bend a rubberband a certain amount of times outside of its normal state it doesn't go back to it's original state. It's deformed and has went past its elasticity stage.
That's just a rubberband. Imagine a glass screen.

I'm interested. Peeped this kinda tech a couple of years ago. It's only a matter of time

I like seeing the innovation and im sure there's gonna be some dope stuff that comes out of this but I can't see a reason for needing or wanting to bend ur phone.

Since it's flexible is it more resistant to cracking when dropped? Waterproof/resistant?

I like seeing the innovation and im sure there's gonna be some dope stuff that comes out of this but I can't see a reason for needing or wanting to bend ur phone.

Since it's flexible is it more resistant to cracking when dropped? Waterproof/resistant?

This is the tricky part. The highest stress for the screen will appear where it's doing the bending. So to provide support to the higher stress areas, there will be more support under those areas. Also don't forget everything that bending will need flexible circuits inside the phone to still look the appealing on the outside.
So to answer your question, with the bending and possibly cracking while being dropped, there is a higher chance it may crack.
As for waterproof, that all depends on how the glass is made and heat treated for bending and placed in the right spot so it leaves no open areas for moisture or liquids.

Back