Welcome To aBlackWeb

CEO of BET admits to sleeping her way to the top and causing divorce

Makes sense, if you follow the quality of EBT over the last two decades.

She takes over, EBT plummets in relevancy and value to the black community.

So much great programming was axed:

Hits
Rap City
Comicview
College Hill (to a lesser extent)
Mancave
BLACK COLLEGE FOOTBALL (SMFH we actually have to resort to ESPN for this now)

Last edited:
Makes sense, if you follow the quality of EBT over the last two decades.

She takes over, EBT plummets in relevancy and value to the black community.

So much great programming was axed:

Hits
Rap City
Comicview
College Hill (to a lesser extent)
Mancave
BLACK COLLEGE FOOTBALL (SMFH we actually have to resort to ESPN for this now)

Honestly, I thank had it stayed black owned, it would've still went that way.

Honestly, I thank had it stayed black owned, it would've still went that way.

It would have especially as Viacom started buying up everything. The real critique about Deborah Lee is, as pointed out in that Boondocks episode, her pretending to go on a moral crusade to "clean up BET", one of the reasons Uncut was axed, while her own life was the exact opposite of what she was preaching publicly.

Did she sleep her way to the top? It sounds like she was already on a path to the top when the sex started happening.
She had been working at BET 10 years and had a meteoric ride when she started sleep with her boss.

If her talents were so great, why not exploit them,?

Her struggle isn't the average BWs struggle.
I strongly disagree and doubt that is a point we as males should be attempting to parrot.

Black women much like black men are largely silent on the trials and tribulations we all face daily

Just cause the jobs be shitty don’t mean we don’t work extra hard to keep them.

It would have especially as Viacom started buying up everything. The real critique about Deborah Lee is, as pointed out in that Boondocks episode, her pretending to go on a moral crusade to "clean up BET", one of the reasons Uncut was axed, while her own life was the exact opposite of what she was preaching publicly.

Scary how accurate The Boondocks was…
Now that episode makes sense. I really thought she was looking out for our best interest

She had been working at BET 10 years and had a meteoric ride when she started sleep with her boss.

If her talents were so great, why not exploit them,?

What makes you think her talents weren't being used? You make it seem like she was working in the mail room, fucked him, and then became CEO. Her comments sound more like she had a high enough position that she was working side by side with Johnson for 10 years and that proximity is what eventually led to the affair.

Back