Welcome To aBlackWeb

CBS - The Equalizer (Season 4)

Lol I know critics are going to have a field day with this one. The Equalizer went from a British white man, to a Harlem black dude, to now a Black lesbian. Lol I know they're big mad

Shit, I feel a type a way!?
But not for the same reasons as them

Unless she's a completely different character who complements or succeeds to the spirit of either the original protagonist or rebooted one like they did with Laura Kinney/X-23/New Wolverine and Jane Thor in Marvel Comics or Assane Diop/"Arsene Lupin" in the Netflix Tv show 'Lupin' , I'm not in with this poor-ass money pandering Hollywood/Pinewood genderswapping.

We black folks does not need to be eager ftom impersonating stock leftover successors from traditionally white or male characters. Otherwise, give us a male Nikita, a male Wonder Woman and an all- black male main cast-studded 'Pride & Prejudices' iteration... hm, forget the last one, I won't give any idea to Tyler Perry.

What's the problem?

Replacing male characters with female characters on reboots of shows in which the character was originally a man.

It's actually insulting to women when you think about it.

Meaning, instead of replacing men's roles with women............why not create roles that were specifically meant for women?

This is why the Ghostbusters reboot flopped.

Same thing with the Bad Boys series with Gabrielle Union............Ocean's 15 or whatever number it was.......and the last 3 Star Wars movies.

Just create shows centered around women.

Funny thing is, most women aren't even gonna be checking for this show.

Ironically, because most men aren't gonna be either.

Otherwise, give us a male Nikita, a male Wonder Woman and an all- black male main cast-studded 'Pride & Prejudices' iteration... hm, forget the last one, I won't give any idea to Tyler Perry.

I'd be just as opposed to that as the bullshit they've been doing for the past few years.

Back