Welcome To aBlackWeb

Canceled trip....you still paying?

If I got a group trip planned and I pay, with the understanding that others will pay me back later…I know I’m running the risk of getting screwed somehow and having to pay more than my fair share.

That’s part of the bargain
That is exactly how I thought for this trip. I would have taken that Lost if my boy didnt give me his share and there would not have been any attitude

But im not trying to make that a habit. I will now give people a final date on when i need the money and the last day they can get a refund.

Like I said, the $300 was nothing . Now if this was the aruba trip I planned for others, which ended up just being a solo trip, I would have been pissed. That cost was a lot more.

That is exactly how I thought for this trip. I would have taken that Lost if my boy didnt give me his share and there would not have been any attitude

But im not trying to make that a habit. I will now give people a final date on when i need the money and the last day they can get a refund.

Like I said, the $300 was nothing . Now if this was the aruba trip I planned for others, which ended up just being a solo trip, I would have been pissed. That cost was a lot more.
It ain't mainly about the money. It's about the consideration for your efforts, to which one of your friends simply doesn't have any.

Watch that muhfucka (Friend B) from here on out.

if a trip being planned and paid for by someone else, I’m paying person same day. If I ain’t got the money I’m not agreeing. I don’t like owing ppl money. One of my biggest pet peeve is when I organize and plan shit and someone fucks up the plan

Situations like these is why I was traveling solo. I ain’t got time for funny business

Im not gonna say whats right or wrong.

All im gonna say is if it was me, and I said i was gonna go, then I couldnt, i would ask my boy to try for a refund and if a refund was impossible, I would pay my piece regardless if I could make or not.

The thing is as a group you're renting the whole condo, not individual rooms. So if one person cancels at the last minute and wants to be a dickhead and not still pay their share then everybody else's share in that condo goes up. You shouldn't have to take the burden of paying more than everybody else just because you organized the trip.

Sounds like some shitty friends to be honest.

The thing is as a group you're renting the whole condo, not individual rooms. So if one person cancels at the last minute and wants to be a dickhead and not still pay their share then everybody else's share in that condo goes up. You shouldn't have to take the burden of paying more than everybody else just because you organized the trip.

Sounds like some shitty friends to be honest.
It is all about communication. If these things were not discussed before hand, I cant change it later. I never gave them a date on when it needed their money. Never told them the final date of a full refund for cancelation . I based this off my previous trips with them where we never had problems. Im big on communication but I failed on that part.

If my friend didnt give me his share, I would have just ate that lost. I wouldnt have put that cost on the others because that is not what was agreed to.

Before booking, you could also at the minimum get a non refundable deposit. So in the example of the $300 pp, then each one could have at least given you say $50 upfront. Anyone not willing to do that, either was too broke to go out n the trip or was likely to flake as $50 isn't really the hardest amount to swallow especially when it's a friend booking/taking on the group risk

Back