Welcome To aBlackWeb

Canceled trip....you still paying?

loud-ninja

Here to point out the illogical
I recently put together a ski trip. Got us a nice airbnb. Everyone had their own rooms. I split the payment of the condo between 4 of us. There were supposed to be 6 of us. One of my friends, we will call him friend A, canceled like 2 days before the trip. This was booked in 3 months advanced.

The four of us would have to chip in $300. Since my boy canceled, I would have to eat that additional $300. I wasnt gonna alter the bill. I just took the lost. It wouldnt break me so I wasnt tripping. Mind you, I still had to pay for the ski stuff as well. By myself, I spent around $600 on that 3 day trip.

Friend A said he would still give me his portion. I wasnt expecting that but didnt argue.

Friend B told me if he had to cancel, he wouldnt have paid and said I would have to eat the lost.

For a moment, I felt some kind of way but then let it go. I thought about it and in no time did I mention a final refund date.

Me personally, if I canceled a trip on someone at the last min, I would still give them what i owed.

For now on though, I will put a disclaimer on trips I plan. Mainly overseas trips. If I put everything on my card, I will give a final date on when you can get a full refund.

Would yall still pay what you owe if you were not given a final refund date? Or they just gonna have to take the L

In guess I’m lost. To be clear, you had already paid for the whole shit and they were just supposed to pay you back?

In guess I’m lost. To be clear, you had already paid for the whole shit and they were just supposed to pay you back?
I paid the airbnb up front. I had a couple of weeks to cancel and get a full refund. I had to book it because good places in the resort get booked fast . My friends would then pay me their share at a later time. Airbnb lets you do payment plans but I had the money flat out. Also, I be thinking owners will cancel your trip in favor to someone that paid the full bill versus someone doing payment plans.

I have planned trips with these individuals before and never had a problem with money transactions.

that's why I don't like planning trips cuz of shit like that. Unless there was a death in the family 2 days before a trip don't expect your money back
I dont like planning trips either but it is only me and one other person in my group of friends that plan shit. If I waited on others, I would be going no where.

Well, I wouldn't be making trip plans with either of those 2 in the future, but that's just me, once bitten, twice shy.

I paid the airbnb up front. I had a couple of weeks to cancel and get a full refund. I had to book it because good places in the resort get booked fast . My friends would then pay me their share at a later time. Airbnb lets you do payment plans but I had the money flat out. Also, I be thinking owners will cancel your trip in favor to someone that paid the full bill versus someone doing payment plans.

I have planned trips with these individuals before and never had a problem with money transactions.

Understood. In that case, yeah I’d prolly just pay whatever I was supposed to pay, if no one could go in my place.

If shit already paid for you can’t expect to get your money back
I could. The airbnb gave me i think 2 weeks to cancel and get a %100 refund. If my friends canceled before than, I would have got my money back. As the time goes, so does the percentage of how much I get back.

I should have given every body a date on when i need their share of the money. And a final date on when they could cancel for a refund

This is why I be iffy about doing stuff like this wit other people.

Everyone talk that cash shyt about being down to do a trip. But as it gets closer...mofos be droppin like flies talmbout they can't go.

Naw...run me my bread for your portion. That's the least you can do. B/c that's what I would do
I don’t like traveling w too many niggas anyway ... my last group trip w niggas made re evaluate life LOL just keep a good 3-4 who got they shit together and roll w them

If I got a group trip planned and I pay, with the understanding that others will pay me back later…I know I’m running the risk of getting screwed somehow and having to pay more than my fair share.

That’s part of the bargain

Back