Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Cancel Culture

Do you feel it's ok to cancel someone based purely on accusations with no tangible evidence?

Who has this happened too. Most celebs that get cancelled did some wild offensive shit there supporters dont even care and the celeb is still rich. They may not have everybody fucking with them but this aint ending careers. Except for Roseanne.

Now if youre against this because it does not really do anything in the long run I feel you.

Who has this happened too. Most celebs that get cancelled did some wild offensive shit there supporters dont even care and the celeb is still rich. They may not have everybody fucking with them but this aint ending careers. Except for Roseanne.

Now if youre against this because it does not really do anything in the long run I feel you.

Literally everyone we're cancelling are based on accusations only and not actual proof when it comes to people.

When it comes to businesses on the other hand we cancel them when we see what they did was wrong not just accusations or rumors.

Shouldn't we need just as much proof to "cancel" a whole human being?

And to answer your question I don't think cancel culture is good for the short or long term of humanity if it's only rooted in accusations.

Literally everyone we're cancelling are based on accusations only and not actual proof when it comes to people.

When it comes to businesses on the other hand we cancel them when we see what they did was wrong not just accusations or rumors.

And to answer your question I don't think cancel culture is good for the short or long term of humanity if it's only rooted in accusations.

Well rosanne actually got canceled for what she said tho... but are you only talking about the cancellation of black trends and celebrities?

Well rosanne actually got canceled for what she said tho... but are you only talking about the cancellation of black trends and celebrities?

You're right Roseanne and the papa John's guy got cancelled for what they said but in those cases there was actual proof of their words/actions. For everyone else they are just accusations.

And I'm talking about the Black community cancelling anything but in particular the cancellation of people due to only the accusations of others.

I didn't know anything about this trend. But I agree wholeheartedly with you and the things you said. If they wanna cancel some shit let's just shut this whole shit down then. After everything that has been done and they are picking and choosing who they want to cancel. And then canceling on mere allegations. Shit makes me sick to my stomach.

Last edited:

Jess hilarious got cancelled for calling Sikhs muslims and getting them kicked off the plane. Kevin Hart got cancelled cuz he said some old gay jokes but he still working and paid. Weinstein got cancelled and r.kelly and etc for shit they really did along with cosby. None of that shit is false. Like whats the issue. They all still rich nobody life is ruined. We care too much about rich people lives.

i dont have twitter or IG

the only reason I know about that shit is because its posted here

niggas wearing Hilfiger and eating at Denny's again, nothing is ever really cancelled
nothing really changed honestly..ppl never truly stopped wearing Tommy or stopped eating dennys

Jess hilarious got cancelled for calling Sikhs muslims and getting them kicked off the plane. Kevin Hart got cancelled cuz he said some old gay jokes but he still working and paid. Weinstein got cancelled and r.kelly and etc for shit they really did along with cosby. None of that shit is false. Like whats the issue. They all still rich nobody life is ruined. We care too much about rich people lives.
Last sentence is the realist shit I've seen written

Cancelling isn't new,it was just something the public did w/out announcing it because there was no social media.

plus social media enables thoughts to be made into movements

before social media One day so and so was hot then something happened and a few yrs later you like "Damn what ever happened to so and so

or so and so did something horrible and his/her PR could sweep it under the rug and let ppl kinda forget about it or start to confuse the facts and it becomes urban legend.

I don't think Jess Hilarious or Kevin Hart got cancelled. They got scolded by social and mainstream media, then they apologized. Streaming and television networks aren't snatching Kevin's shows or stand up specials from being aired. I don't even think he lost any endorsements. The Oscars even asked him if he would host their show again after he stepped down.

As far as R Kelly and Bill Cosby how can we say they really did something unless we were there to witness it. Now I remember that tape back in the day and that was him but he already went to trial about that. He's not getting cancelled for that or we would've done that back in the 90s. He's getting cancelled because of allegations from a documentary that says he's basically kidnapping, brainwashing and abusing women and young girls. He's been cancelled because of allegations only. Bill Cosby was cancelled by allegations only.

And I don't think Weinstein had any effect on Black culture for us to have "cancelled" him in the first place.

If we're gonna cancel people shouldn't it be rooted in proof not just accusations?

I don't think Jess Hilarious or Kevin Hart got cancelled. They got scolded by social and mainstream media, then they apologized. Streaming and television networks aren't snatching Kevin's shows or stand up specials from being aired. I don't even think he lost any endorsements. The Oscars even asked him if he would host their show again after he stepped down.

As far as R Kelly and Bill Cosby how can we say they really did something unless we were there to witness it. Now I remember that tape back in the day and that was him but he already went to trial about that. He's not getting cancelled for that or we would've done that back in the 90s. He's getting cancelled because of allegations from a documentary that says he's basically kidnapping, brainwashing and abusing women and young girls. He's been cancelled because of allegations only. Bill Cosby was cancelled by allegations only.

And I don't think Weinstein had any effect on Black culture for us to have "cancelled" him in the first place.

If we're gonna cancel people shouldn't it be rooted in proof not just accusations?

Bruh foh with the r. Kelly shit. I aint even finna read the rest

Back