Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Cancel Culture

NeighborhoodNomad

the marathon continues........
What are your thoughts on "cancel culture"?

Is it a positive or a negative thing?

Is there a time to cancel someone completely? If yes, when?

Whether social media or mainstream recently we've been hearing and seeing a lot people talking about cancelling people or corporations for current or past violations or accusations of a violation whether proven or not.

I just wanna know how far back we're going? Like what is the statute of limitations for cancelling someone or something?

I mean are white folks gonna cancel George Washington or Thomas Jefferson? They were serial rapists and slave owners and there's proof of that. Are white folks gonna cancel their forefathers who infected, raped and pillaged the natives and their land to claim it as their own. Are white people gonna cancel themselves for destroying almost all natural habitats, environments and native cultures around the planet for money and power?

This cancel culture causes so much division especially in the Black and Brown communities.

Imo if we're gonna cancel something let's cancel systemic racism. Let's cancel other people's narratives for ourselves that are not our own and create our own narratives. How about we cancel anyone or anything that presents itself as an enemy or as an intentional hindrance to our progress?

Thoughts???

I just like telling niggas they canceled or just outright canceling things. I'll order some shit just to cancel it 5 mins later cause I can. Idc.

giphy (61).gif

i dont have twitter or IG

the only reason I know about that shit is because its posted here

niggas wearing Hilfiger and eating at Denny's again, nothing is ever really cancelled

What are your thoughts on "cancel culture"?

Is it a positive or a negative thing?

Is there a time to cancel someone completely? If yes, when?

Whether social media or mainstream recently we've been hearing and seeing a lot people talking about cancelling people or corporations for current or past violations or accusations of a violation whether proven or not.

I just wanna know how far back we're going? Like what is the statute of limitations for cancelling someone or something?

I mean are white folks gonna cancel George Washington or Thomas Jefferson? They were serial rapists and slave owners and there's proof of that. Are white folks gonna cancel their forefathers who infected, raped and pillaged the natives and their land to claim it as their own. Are white people gonna cancel themselves for destroying almost all natural habitats, environments and native cultures around the planet for money and power?

This cancel culture causes so much division especially in the Black and Brown communities.

Imo if we're gonna cancel something let's cancel systemic racism. Let's cancel other people's narratives for ourselves that are not our own and create our own narratives. How about we cancel anyone or anything that presents itself as an enemy or as an intentional hindrance to our progress?

Thoughts???

Dont see a problem with it. Folks cancel celebrities why are regular folks concerned

I'm not a follow... for example if r.kelly really did that, I'm not gone stop listening to his music... for the record I don't listen to his music. Hell I barely even listen to R&B

Back