Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Cancel Culture Thread. Update: USC canceling all graduation speakers amid controversy

As normal people and not celebrities... is anyone here really afraid of being canceled? Or is it just that people get incensed when famous people that they like suffer repercussions for shit that we would all actually be fired from our jobs for doing or saying?

I guess what I'm getting at is these rich celebrities are seeming to be trying to use their star power and influence to bitch about having to follow the same rules of common decency that we all have to subscribe to every day.

As normal people and not celebrities... is anyone here really afraid of being canceled? Or is it just that people get incensed when famous people that they like suffer repercussions for shit that we would all actually be fired from our jobs for doing or saying?

I guess what I'm getting at is these rich celebrities are seeming to be trying to use their star power and influence to bitch about having to follow the same rules of common decency that we all have to subscribe to every day.

People identify with celebrities so when a famous person gets held accountable for saying or doing something stupid that person also feels as if they're being held accountable for sharing similar views.

back when they were talking about DaBaby and all these niggas was saying shit like his life is over. I asked could niggas say what he said at work and keep their job if they said what he said but it was all crickets

I totally don't get this shit. Like... can't we all cancel whoever the fuck we want to cancel? And if it just so happens to be enough of us that it makes a difference... didn't that motherfucker need a cancellation? Otherwise they would just brush it off and life goes on.

The only people that truly seem to care about "cancel culture" are the same assholes that advocate for the so-called free-market economy where we don't have laws to protect people from discrimination because people are supposed to ... wait for it ... cancel shit they don't agree with.

These same assholes have been burning books they don't like for decades and boycotting harry potter movies and shit. Remember the war on christmas? LMAO they were pissed off at Starbucks for them having different colored cups. But when it comes to racism, sexism and homophobia all of a sudden they're the victims when people choose to tell them to eat a dick. Fuck all those snowflakes from the bottom of my heart.

I totally don't get this shit. Like... can't we all cancel whoever the fuck we want to cancel? And if it just so happens to be enough of us that it makes a difference... didn't that motherfucker need a cancellation? Otherwise they would just brush it off and life goes on.

The only people that truly seem to care about "cancel culture" are the same assholes that advocate for the so-called free-market economy where we don't have laws to protect people from discrimination because people are supposed to ... wait for it ... cancel shit they don't agree with.

These same assholes have been burning books they don't like for decades and boycotting harry potter movies and shit. Remember the war on christmas? LMAO they were pissed off at Starbucks for them having different colored cups. But when it comes to racism, sexism and homophobia all of a sudden they're the victims when people choose to tell them to eat a dick. Fuck all those snowflakes from the bottom of my heart.

The bold is untrue. A lot of companies make snap judgements to appeal to small very vocal minorities in and effort to prevent it getting bigger. Kevin Hart didn't lose his shot at the Grammys because the majority of the people in the country cared. He lost it because gays have a stronger voice in Hollywood and execs didn't want to piss them off.

The outrage over cancel culture maybe over blown since the efforts to cancel people aren't as successful as some would imply. However, the culture is bad IMO. Getting problematic people out of positions where they can do damage to others is one thing. However, trying to punish people just because they have beliefs/opinions/stances you don't like, made some poor decisions/actions in their past, or got caught doing something that pretty much everyone does when no one is looking is kinda fucked up. We, as a society, shouldn't be so gung ho about trying to destroy other people for every little thing.

Back