Welcome To aBlackWeb

Can Talent Be Inherited? The JoJo Simmons Story! Stunted Growth Music

Yea I can’t think of any who really succeeded.

Saying artists like Corey gunz and coi succeeded is kind of a reach.

Way more success stories in sports.
It’s not a reach though imo. Coi got one of the hottest songs of the year. And Gunz carved out a niche as an underground rapper.

Yea I can’t think of any who really succeeded.

Saying artists like Corey gunz and coi succeeded is kind of a reach.

Way more success stories in sports.

yea

guess runnin fast & jumpin high are easier to pass on thru genes than spittin a hot 16

:hahaha:

Jojo's lack of success boils down to one thing and one thing only: the nigga was BASURA. Doesn't help that you have to sift thru 4 pages of Growing Up Hip Hop and Skulll Gang videos to find one song from him.

Ras Kass's sons could be stars with Coast Contra... Big Pun's son goes hard too...

I think talent can be inherited if youre mother, father, uncle, aunt etc are literally heavily talented writers and/or performers... Look at Dionne Warwick's family tree, legit generational greats in one family: Dionne and Dee Dee Warwick, Cissy and Whitney Houston and also the opera singer Leontyne Price...

In hip hop though I feel like its alot harder to gain respect within the genre, especially in the 'gangsta rap' sub genre as most rappers come from nothing and earn their money and respect the hard way by grinding, so when they or fans see a rich son (like jojo simons) acting tough, bragging about money and cars it comes off really corny and authenticity plays a big part in hip hop... So when you see JoJo flexing its like bro, you used your Dads credit card to buy all that stop acting like you got it out the mud...

The kids that generally do well are either singers, as their subject matters generally arnt that braggadocious or rappers that rap about partying or that focus on bars like Ras's kids or Pun's son... Plus Pun's son really didnt have much money growing up so he actually did do it the hard way....

People generally dont like nepotism though...

Ras Kass's sons could be stars with Coast Contra... Big Pun's son goes hard too...

I think talent can be inherited if youre mother, father, uncle, aunt etc are literally heavily talented writers and/or performers... Look at Dionne Warwick's family tree, legit generational greats in one family: Dionne and Dee Dee Warwick, Cissy and Whitney Houston and also the opera singer Leontyne Price...

In hip hop though I feel like its alot harder to gain respect within the genre, especially in the 'gangsta rap' sub genre as most rappers come from nothing and earn their money and respect the hard way by grinding, so when they or fans see a rich son (like jojo simons) acting tough, bragging about money and cars it comes off really corny and authenticity plays a big part in hip hop... So when you see JoJo flexing its like bro, you used your Dads credit card to buy all that stop acting like you got it out the mud...

The kids that generally do well are either singers, as their subject matters generally arnt that braggadocious or rappers that rap about partying or that focus on bars like Ras's kids or Pun's son... Plus Pun's son really didnt have much money growing up so he actually did do it the hard way....

People generally dont like nepotism though...

Yea

People generally don't like nepotism... unless they're able to benefit from it

He was a big dope because he wanted to be famous as opposed to just being comfy being the son of a musicals legend. His sisters found their niche and he should have been happy to do the same but it’s easy for me to say that cuz I’ve never been the get bullied type. He was. He doesn’t have the physical presence of a dude that women desire and men respect. He has a twerpy kind of look.

Yea

People generally don't like nepotism... unless they're able to benefit from it

When you look at most the actors/actresses in TV and Hollywood, even random musicians is wild how many have famous relatives...

Back