Welcome To aBlackWeb

Can A Legend Ruin Their Legacy Musically?

Goldie

I Just Want Some Chips
Site Owner
Can someone like Jay-Z, Snoop or Kanye ruin their legacy musically?

Living legends are already cemented, but do you think their legacy can be ruined musically if they continuously drop duds later in their career?

If the artist dropped multiple duds later in their career, would it effect their ranking among other legends?
Ranking doesn’t matter when you’re a legend

Who the hell has ever said “well Ice Cube is MORE of a legend than common!!”

Nobody

Ranking doesn’t matter when you’re a legend

Who the hell has ever said “well Ice Cube is MORE of a legend than common!!”

Nobody

You don't believe this shit lol

There's niggas like E-40 and DJ Quik who yall call legends and then there's Nas Jay and Pac lol

There's Pippen, Alonzo and Melo and then there's MJ, Magic and Duncan.

They're all in the same room, but at 2 different tables.

Nah, Your legacy remains intact but your record sales will suffer when you continue to put out garbage.

The closest I can remember that almost ruined their legacy was LL Cool J with that Accidental Racist bullshit.

You don't believe this shit lol

There's niggas like E-40 and DJ Quik who yall call legends and then there's Nas Jay and Pac lol

There's Pippen, Alonzo and Melo and then there's MJ, Magic and Duncan.

They're all in the same room, but at 2 different tables.

There are Legends and then there are Icons.

Bro, you gonna just have to accept that E-40 is well respected in the game. He has fans from Detroit to Seattle. I'm from LA and I first heard his music while visiting KC Missouri. He's a Legend. Deal with it.

e40-warriors.gif

I’ll throw Goldie a bone by extending this lol

Can lil Wayne not be a legend to you if he drops 5 straight rebirth projects?

I’ll throw Goldie a bone by extending this lol

Can lil Wayne not be a legend to you if he drops 5 straight rebirth projects?

I'm not arguing that someone will lose their legendary status, but I do think their ranking among other legends will be effected.

Tbh, I thought of this topic after last night's nuggets and lakers game. If Bron gets swept back to back by the same team... that's significant when ranking to me.

Rebirth was a classic

i think so

releasing duds can hurt said legend in comparison to his peers, especially if they are still releasing quality projects

and catalog factors into legacy talk so…

Rankings are based on personal opinion so it really doesn't mean shit. They either fuck with you or they don't.

I think the light dims a bit but usually a legend is cemented.

Like if your first five albums and three are classics. But you drop 10 more albums and they all lame do you get taken out.

I'm not arguing that someone will lose their legendary status, but I do think their ranking among other legends will be effected.

Tbh, I thought of this topic after last night's nuggets and lakers game. If Bron gets swept back to back by the same team... that's significant when ranking to me.

Rebirth was a classic
Come on man…so based on the OP you wrote, if the lakers lose to the nuggets next game, his legendary status comes into question? Lol

You said can rappers have their legacy be ruined by bad projects..that’s not exactly what you’re saying here

This is nasty barbershop level talk

I guess I should've put "Can you ruin your ranking among other legends", I'm sorry man

I let Nas down
The answer would still be no

No music legend is going to look at Scarface putting out multiple shitty projects and be like “hmm idk maybe I was wrong about him”

Pacino, DeNiro, and Denzel all have duds. Doesn't change a thing. Great art is forever.

Also, there is no such thing as rankings among legends.

The answer would still be no

No music legend is going to look at Scarface putting out multiple shitty projects and be like “hmm idk maybe I was wrong about him”

You poddin lol

You call niggas out all the time for falling off.

Em being ass since 04 is significant.

A nigga who had a 3 year span where he was nice and fell off, should be ranked differently than a nigga who's still nice 10 years in.

Back