Welcome To aBlackWeb

DEBATE "Business is always personal. It's the most personal thing in the world."

Business is personal

• Agree

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Disagree

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Soul_Rattler

business-is-always-personal-its-the-most-personal-thing-in-34212250.png

It's a common saying that business is business, not personal. But business is why we get out of bed every morning. Business is how we provide for ourselves and our loved ones. Business is where people get rich and go broke. Business is what drives humanity.

What say you?

Stepping on your head to get where I need to go isnt personal, just another step like all the rest. Now if I specifically come gunning for you to get where I'm going, that's personal.

The saying derives from doing what’s best from a company stand point vs a personal stand point

If your actions are hurting my pockets you gotta go. Period

Michael’s problem is he wanted to be liked and loved, regardless of how much money they made. Which is why Michael Scott Paper Company was in the rears

the drive to come out on top even at the manipulation, degradation, calculation, and other ations...directed at competition and innocent bystanders..is as personal as it gets

u do all that to obtain what to make things better for who..

people who actively work on impersonal guidelines in business always lose, because they assume the same will be done with them....selflessness can not thrive in business

If you know someone and you screw them over, just for a few more dollars, its 100% personal. Every person I've met that says its not personal, is just trying to cover up for their lack of morals.
Perfect example is from that BET show 'Rules to this Shit'. When that dude was the beard was talking about how Puff was his friend, but one day tried to have him sign a contract that would of gave Puff everything & him nothing. Good thing he could read and didnt sign it but Puff just shrugged it off and said "Its nothing personal, its just business". Dude still hung with Puff after that, which shows 2 things, 1.) Puff is a snake & 2.) homie is a sucker.

i have learned that when niggas dont pay you on time.....you take it personal.
you wont be all happy convo with a nigga who still owes you $20k. you ready to fight.
even if he did pay and it was 6 months late....you still not fucking with him unless you know the money is worth it.
but you wont go out for drinks afterwards.

being nice is not something that will get you far in business. i had to learn the hard way.
so now...lawyers get involved after shot is 10 days late. niggas dont like it...but its business.

i cant pay people of your lateness.

how would yall feel if your check was being fucked up because someone didnt pay your boss?
you would not give a shit because the light people dont give a shit..and if you cant your bills...then your lady wont give a shit and groom the lunch nigga to take your spot..lol

so business is personal.

If you know someone and you screw them over, just for a few more dollars, its 100% personal. Every person I've met that says its not personal, is just trying to cover up for their lack of morals.
Perfect example is from that BET show 'Rules to this Shit'. When that dude was the beard was talking about how Puff was his friend, but one day tried to have him sign a contract that would of gave Puff everything & him nothing. Good thing he could read and didnt sign it but Puff just shrugged it off and said "Its nothing personal, its just business". Dude still hung with Puff after that, which shows 2 things, 1.) Puff is a snake & 2.) homie is a sucker.
people will definitely try to get over.
and if you let them ...they will and wont say sorry or worry if your kids eat even if they have lots of money.

I think it means personal as in " I know Jared, Jared is a fuckin asshole and I want him to fail, I'm going to target Jared and take his place in life"

Business is idk wtf they are but they stand in my way. Yeah its "personal" cuz it benefits you but it has other contexts.

I’ve never used this saying on a peer to peer level

I don’t recall any of my peers saying something like this to me either

I feel like 2 different things are talked about.

Business not personal usually means when you gotta shit on someone, its not because you dislike that person, its just something you need to do for the betterment of your business.

The saying has nothing to do with handling your business, which is why we get up in the morning and put in all this work.

Depends on the person running the show. Corporations dont give a damn about much but the bottom line. You also have people who look out for their community and go out of their way regardless of tax writeoffs. The saying goes hand in hand with the better them than me mentality that a lot of people have. When it's time to collect what's owed most dont give a fuck about your personal problems

it depends on how you prioritize your life...

many people sleep eat, live and breath their business, so for them it's 100% personal...

for others... not so much

i mean for like the first 15 or years of your life, being business minded isn't even a consideration for most.....yet those were the most influential years of our personality....

it depends on how you prioritize your life...

many people sleep eat, live and breath their business, so for them it's 100% personal...

for others... not so much

i mean for like the first 15 or years of your life, being business minded isn't even a consideration for most.....yet those were the most influential years of our personality....
speak for yourself..

i was flippin nintendo cartridges

The saying derives from doing what’s best from a company stand point vs a personal stand point

If your actions are hurting my pockets you gotta go. Period

Michael’s problem is he wanted to be liked and loved, regardless of how much money they made. Which is why Michael Scott Paper Company was in the rears

I believe the word you're looking for is 'arrears'.

THIW

Back