Bruce Willis Develops Aphasia; Retiring From Acting

illestni99ainne

I Crop Dusted Ya Moms
Dec 21, 2017

Actor Bruce Willis is "stepping away" from his career after being diagnosed with aphasia, his family said on Wednesday.

In a heartfelt Instagram post, Rumer Willis, the eldest daughter of Demi Moore and Willis, shared that her father's diagnosis "is impacting his cognitive abilities."

"To Bruce’s amazing supporters, as a family we wanted to share that our beloved Bruce has been experiencing some health issues and has recently been diagnosed with aphasia, which is impacting his cognitive abilities," she wrote, which was also signed by other members of the family: Emma, Demi, Scout, Tallulah, Mabel and Evelyn.

Moore also shared the post on her Instagram page.

"As a result of this and with much consideration Bruce is stepping away from the career that has meant so much to him."

Aphasia "is a condition that robs you of the ability to communicate. It can affect your ability to speak, write and understand language, both verbal and written," according to the Mayo Clinic.
It most commonly arises after a stroke or brain injury, though can also come on more gradually to due the growth of a brain tumor or a degenerative disease.

The family did not say what the cause is in Willis' case. They wrote that it is "a really challenging time" for them, but that they are "moving through this as a strong family unit."

"As Bruce always says, 'Live it up' and together we plan to do just that," the Instagram post concludes.

The news comes just weeks after Bruce Willis celebrated his 67th birthday. Moore shared a photo wishing Bruce Willis a happy birthday on March 19, writing she is "Thankful for our blended family."

Was just going to add this to the cookout thread but searched for threads

It's really sad to watch someone go through it. My granddad has it and it's heartbreaking

The good thing is Bruce Willis has the money to make the rest of his life comfortable

Was just going to add this to the cookout thread but searched for threads

It's really sad to watch someone go through it. My granddad has it and it's heartbreaking

The good thing is Bruce Willis has the money to make the rest of his life comfortable

If you don't mind as you mentioned your grandad has it and this is my first time even hearing of it, is it a case of the person understanding things but their brain doesn't allow them to communicate or is it more like you could speak to them and they would stare off into empty space like you're not there?

Reactions: GNS

Actor Bruce Willis is "stepping away" from his career after being diagnosed with aphasia, his family said on Wednesday.

In a heartfelt Instagram post, Rumer Willis, the eldest daughter of Demi Moore and Willis, shared that her father's diagnosis "is impacting his cognitive abilities."

"To Bruce’s amazing supporters, as a family we wanted to share that our beloved Bruce has been experiencing some health issues and has recently been diagnosed with aphasia, which is impacting his cognitive abilities," she wrote, which was also signed by other members of the family: Emma, Demi, Scout, Tallulah, Mabel and Evelyn.

Moore also shared the post on her Instagram page.

"As a result of this and with much consideration Bruce is stepping away from the career that has meant so much to him."

Aphasia "is a condition that robs you of the ability to communicate. It can affect your ability to speak, write and understand language, both verbal and written," according to the Mayo Clinic.
It most commonly arises after a stroke or brain injury, though can also come on more gradually to due the growth of a brain tumor or a degenerative disease.

The family did not say what the cause is in Willis' case. They wrote that it is "a really challenging time" for them, but that they are "moving through this as a strong family unit."

"As Bruce always says, 'Live it up' and together we plan to do just that," the Instagram post concludes.

The news comes just weeks after Bruce Willis celebrated his 67th birthday. Moore shared a photo wishing Bruce Willis a happy birthday on March 19, writing she is "Thankful for our blended family."

Oh damn. Sorry to hear.

RIP.

imma watch die hard later 2nite

If you don't mind as you mentioned your grandad has it and this is my first time even hearing of it, is it a case of the person understanding things but their brain doesn't allow them to communicate or is it more like you could speak to them and they would stare off into empty space like you're not there?
In my granddads case he can understand but the verbal part is deteriorating so he'll just respond with "yes". It makes conversations very difficult. He also has problems with writing his own name

I think there's different types you can get but from my impression it all doesn't end well for the person

In my granddads case he can understand but the verbal part is deteriorating so he'll just respond with "yes". It makes conversations very difficult. He also has problems with writing his own name

I think there's different types you can get but from my impression it all doesn't end well for the person

OK understood, thanks for sharing and sorry to hear that.

One of my biggest fears of when getting to older age since a kid was losing my cognitive functions and abilities. I mean it's bad enough my body is betraying me, but not my mind.

Alzheimers was the BIG one for me to fear, now I gotta learn more about this Aphasia

OK understood, thanks for sharing and sorry to hear that.

One of my biggest fears of when getting to older age since a kid was losing my cognitive functions and abilities. I mean it's bad enough my body is betraying me, but not my mind.

Alzheimers was the BIG one for me to fear, now I gotta learn more about this Aphasia
Hopefully by the time we get there the technology will have better ways of communication or the doctors will have bigger breakthroughs with treating Alzheimer's and the other forms

Now ppl gonna feel bad about roasting his last few yrs of movies.

He done made some real stinkers lately where he seemed like he didn't even wanna be there.
Yeah he's been notorious for 1. not putting much effort into roles and 2. being an asshole on set, especially in the last decade or so.

He's not really leaving a great filmography behind with how many stinkers he's put out, but he's got a few dope roles and was a good actor when he actually tried.

With him the best though, these degenerative diseases seem like a horrible way to go out regardless of how much money you've got.

Reactions: Loch121