Welcome To aBlackWeb

Brooklyn drill rapper 22Gz arrested at JFK Airport for attempted murder

Brooklyn drill rapper 22Gz was arrested at Kennedy Airport on attempted murder charges tied to a March shooting that left three people wounded, prosecutors said Tuesday.

The 24-year-old rapper, whose real name is Jeffrey Alexander, was cuffed at the airport Sunday while on his way to perform at New York City’s Summer Jam music festival, sources said.

He’s accused of opening fire March 6 about 3:30 a.m. outside Club Freeze Cafe & Lounge on Flatbush Ave. in Marine Park and hitting three people.

A 21-year-old was struck in the the leg, a 31-year-old man was hit in the foot and a 29-year-old was shot in both legs. All three victims identified the gunman as 22Gz, according to police.

“This shooting not only wounded the victim, but endangered the lives of everyone in a crowded club. Senseless gang rivalries fuel much of the gun violence in our communities and I remain committed to vigorously prosecuting anyone who engages in this criminal conduct,” Brooklyn District Attorney Eric Gonzalez said.

The “Suburban” rapper is a well-known figure in the Brooklyn drill scene, racking up millions of views on YouTube while beefing with famous rappers like Sheff G and Fivio Foreign.

Drill is a booming genre in New York City known for gritty lyrics and trash talk among rappers. Mayor Adams has recently blasted the genre for fueling real-life street violence between rival gangs.

22Gz’s star rose when he and Sheff G recorded rival diss tracks in 2017. That year, 22Gz was arrested in Miami and charged with murder for the killing of 30-year-old Ladarian Phillips during a parking spot dispute. But Sunshine State prosecutors later dropped all charges against the rapper after determining that Phillips was shot by someone else.

Like others in the drill scene, 22Gz’s songs feature graphic lyrics about Brooklyn gang violence.

“Back from the Ms and the case closed, Blood on my kicks, that’s from stomping his face off,” he raps in “Suburban Pt. 2,” referencing the murder charges he beat in Miami.

“Spin your hood and kill anybody. If he missing, the medics got him. He ain’t dead, but we paralyzed him,” 22Gz continues in the song.

He is signed to rapper Kodak Black’s record label.

In a seven-count indictment handed down Monday by a grand jury, 22Gz is charged with attempted murder, criminal possession of a weapon, reckless endangerment and assault for the March shooting.

He was set to be released from Rikers Island on $500,000 bond Tuesday and will be returning to a home in Georgia, according to his attorney Stacey Richman.

“I look forward to evaluating the evidence and to our day in court,” said Richman.

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-yor...0220614-xuj5bar7y5ev5jps57ntxwjwbq-story.html

What's up with these drill rappers man?

I don't know. But I remember about 10 years ago I was either on ABW or allhiphop.com and I made a thread asking the difference between gangsta rap, trap rap, and drill rap. Apparently, drill rap is the most violent of the three.

Damn I landed at JFK on Sunday too lol

Glad they got that thug off the streets to make the world a safer place

Hope they throw the book at him

Home didn't learn at all from beating his first murder charge in Miami.

Back