Welcome To aBlackWeb

Bridging the gap (appreciation to underrated NBA players)

Hey @O.G. how come Alex English isn’t talked about more? Looking at his numbers he produced in the regular season and playoffs. The fact he scored the most points in the 1980’s and was left off the top 75 list is outrageous

Lakers bias imo. Lakers ran the West and the whole Bird vs Magic shit took over the media. It was great for the league but a lot of really good players got lost in the mix. If you wasn't on the Lakers or a major market East Coast team or had your own station like Atlanta on TBS or Chicago on WGN, good luck being seen on tv.

English was so smooth and a class act.That midrange was automatic. I think that whole Nuggets team gets overlooked bcuz of their style of play. They were a true run and gun team. English & Kiki Vanderweigh would give niggas buckets.

Another great team that gets overlooked is the mid 70's thrumid 80's Bucks with Moncrief, Marques Johnson, Bob Lanier and company.

Good thread. Keep up the good work.

You and your homey still do y'all nba breakdowns?
I do podcast for fun/practice on breath control and when to jump in and out but I had to readjust once the podcast market got over saturated and podcast with former NBA players get the views . So I had to find my niche and I wanted to tweak my broadcast skills by doing these videos being informative and having a different voice. Eventually I’m gonna start doing Stuart Scott type things with ad-libs and catch phrases. I’ll bring back the nba podcast once the season starts, I’ve got a decent amount of followers from doing this series so maybe my views will improve

Lakers bias imo. Lakers ran the West and the whole Bird vs Magic shit took over the media. It was great for the league but a lot of really good players got lost in the mix. If you wasn't on the Lakers or a major market East Coast team or had your own station like Atlanta on TBS or Chicago on WGN, good luck being seen on tv.

English was so smooth and a class act.That midrange was automatic. I think that whole Nuggets team gets overlooked bcuz of their style of play. They were a true run and gun team. English & Kiki Vanderweigh would give niggas buckets.

Another great team that gets overlooked is the mid 70's thrumid 80's Bucks with Moncrief, Marques Johnson, Bob Lanier and company.

Good thread. Keep up the good work.
Those nuggets teams had a plethora of talented players, Issel, fat lever,etc I saw he averaged 26ppg In 11 years for Denver. He really scored the most points in the 80’s and Moses Malone was 2nd and 2,000 points behind him he REALLY deserved to be on that NBA top 75 team

I’m taking suggestions from you guys because you already know I respect yall basketball opinions, if any of y’all ever want to hop on an episode once the season starts I use streamyard your more then welcome to message me. Shit we could do a black web sports show if @Goldie was ever interested @Sony Montana what you think of a sports bar show?

I’m taking suggestions from you guys because you already know I respect yall basketball opinions, if any of y’all ever want to hop on an episode once the season starts I use streamyard your more then welcome to message me. Shit we could do a black web sports show if @Goldie was ever interested @Sony Montana what you think of a sports bar show?

If you need a host, I’m available

Quick update since I’ve started this I’ve been retweeted by Holly Rowe, Seimone Augustus and Baron Davis, I’ve gotta keep grinding and get my followers up but it’s off to a promising start

Back