Welcome To aBlackWeb

I'ma be late
Edit
Nope I'm on time
View attachment 1264523
It was cool. Spent the majority of the first part of the movie waiting for them to do a deep dive into his childhood and it just didn't happen like that.

I think the producers came into this assuming everyone at least had a rudimentary knowledge of Bob and just proceeded to cover the drama leading up to the peace concert.

I feel there's mad stuff left out but I guess they can only put so much in.

The accents was eh but it probably made it easier for the audience to follow.

More teachings about Rastafar I would've been good but they got their point across about not worshipping a cac God and how we feel about Africa.

Overall it was good.

Movie made 14 mill yesterday. Impressive. Could have a decent opening

Last edited:
Cool film overall, thought Kingsley and Lashana's performances in this were the standout of the film...though I thought the story lacked a bit of depth to the point I felt like they used his music as an overeliance to make up for the lack of storytelling in the film. Its beautifully shot. I think the best scene was the argument outside that gathering between Bob and Rita

Just watched it

Best thing about the film is the music

Felt like they rushed through too many important parts

Like u had to have intimate knowledge of Marley and his life for the movie to someone make sense

I appreciate how they didn’t bastardize the movie by focusing on his toxicity

Lastly if I’m one of his homies I’m knocking him out and we cutting that toe off mothetfuck a religion

Dwl a tomato meter
Nobody takes that shit seriously since Chappelle if not before

Just watched it

Best thing about the film is the music

Felt like they rushed through too many important parts

Like u had to have intimate knowledge of Marley and his life for the movie to someone make sense

I appreciate how they didn’t bastardize the movie by focusing on his toxicity

Lastly if I’m one of his homies I’m knocking him out and we cutting that toe off mothetfuck a religion
Compared to other biopic movies it didn't seem like they focused on anything negative at all really

When his Majesty reveal himself in the end I legit had tears in my eyes. Also when Bob returned to Jamaica and was leaving the airport in Kingston and driving through brought back so many memories when I was a kid to when I was older visiting my family in August Town.

Back