Welcome To aBlackWeb

Black men are the leading cause of DEATH for Black women 15-34

This is your thread title:

Black men are the leading cause of DEATH for Black women 15-34

However, according to the CDC, the leading cause of death for Black women 15-34 is "Unintentional Injuries" aka "accidents" as in Black women are either clumsy as fuck, texting and driving, drinking and driving, and other foolish fuckery and dying because of it.

The 2nd leading cause of death is Homicide for 15-24. For 25-34 it's heart disease with homicide as the 4th leading cause of death. BUT, the CDC doesn't discern between homicide as a result of domestic disputes or plain old "a nigga got shot" incidents, so I'd like to see where you got them bullshit ass numbers from for your title.

Also, the Bureau of Labor Statistics doesn't compile and publish homicide rates. And I'd have to ask the question: What percentage of Black Men were killed in DV situations by a Black woman? Because "fair is fair" and y'all woofin' about equality this and that so if you're really about equality then a bit of transparency is needed here. If you're going to lay blame at our feet for black women dying, we had better see a number at a statistical zero for percentage of black men killed in dv situations by black women otherwise y'all are no different or better than us.

all this text and not a lick of sense

anyways

That's what I thought. Any time one of y'all are challenged to provide any sort of proof or a reference for your "facts" you can't and resort to childish insults or deflect.

Typical "smart" dumb ass nigga.

nah its just not worth debating.
you stay writing long ass post that are hardly ever worth reading.

sorry.

So koncept you think this whole post is a divisive tactic that plays into the gender war between black men and women

So koncept you think this whole post is a divisive tactic that plays into the gender war between black men and women

Honestly, yes. The key is in the wording, you have to be able to analyze what was said as well as how it was said. Race said something very specific: "92 percent of incidents where a black woman was killed in a domestic violence situation, her intimate partner was also BLACK."

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/66/wr/mm6628a1.htm?s_cid=mm6628a1_w

The relevant table is Table 2. According to the CDC, From 2003 through 2014 there were a total of 1360 intimate partner violence (IPV) related murders of Black women across all age groups, that's an average of almost 124 per year. Even if we were say that every single one of those deaths came at the hands of a Black man, 124 per year is still an incredibly small number. Granted, you could argue that even one is too many, and I would agree with that because Black men don't need to be out here killing our Black women; you get no argument from me there. But, look at the actual numbers and let it sink in.

When reading Race's statement in contrast to the actual numbers, you begin to see the bigger picture: With an average of only 124 deaths per year from IPV related incidents, 92% of those, or 114 deaths were caused by a Black man. And that's not even controlling for the specific age range she stated of 15-34 which would make the number even smaller.

Just to show how ridiculous the assertion that Black men are this grave threat to Black women, take the CDC's final death report for 2013.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_02.pdf

Table 13 (pages 54-59) gives the actual number of deaths from various causes. Remember, there's an average of close to 124 IPV related deaths for Black females per year across all age ranges so what's really more of a threat to them? Remember when I said earlier that Unintentional Death (aka accidental death) is the #1 cause of death for Black women?

Accidents (unintentional injuries) - 4,324 in 2013 alone

They break it down further by type of accident on page 58:

Motor vehicle accidents - 1,279
Falls - 569
Accidental drowning and submersion - 95

That last one says that Bodies of Water are almost as much of a threat to Black women as Black men seeing as how only 9 deaths separate the two. The number of falls also says that a Black woman is more than 5 times as likely to die from being clumsy than a Black man's hands.

This next one basically says that Black women are more of a threat to themselves than Black men could ever be:

Intentional self-harm (suicide) - 443

For all that, Big Momma's cooking is waaaaay more of a threat to Black women, but ain't nobody tellin her to put the salt, hog maws, and chit'lins down.

Major cardiovascular diseases (overall number) - 47,723
of those: Hypertensive heart disease - 3,822
and: Hypertensive heart and renal disease - 475

Anyone that takes even a cursory glance at the numbers would see this whole shit is overblown and Black women, truthfully, are more of a threat to themselves than Black men. Race's whole argument was intellectually dishonest at best and the people that create these infographics and blurbs know it. They know women like Race exist and know that they will take whatever they publish and run hard with it. They know this, they know that people like Race want something to cling to, something to hold close because it appears to affect them. They want to be a part of something, a cause to champion, so they're given one and they accept whatever it is they say without ever once dissecting the information given to them.

Last edited:
Lol at the nosign

I'm sayin...

Even when faced with facts that cannot be argued, with the actual data that says "Nah b, you wrong as shit and here's why...", folks like her STILL try to cling on to the notion that somehow, some way, they're still in the right.

They're EXACTLY the demographic the white man needs to keep us divided.

So many black men get charge and convicted for shit they didn't do.

I don't believe the numbers due to the fact that so many black men is wrongfully put in jail for shit they didn't do.

Plus white men stay killing women and never get convicted for it

I know around the rest of the world white, Asian, middle eastern stay on that kill their women shit

Back