Welcome To aBlackWeb

Disney+ BLACK IS KING (A Film by Beyoncé)

Guess you missed the part of this thread where there are just as many Africans defending her for using African creatives to make the visual album.
Bruh the shit was written and directed by a bunch of Africans so the entire argument is asinine to begin with... Shit just had me dying laughing.... My point is no matter how much co signs and validations we feel we deserve.... It's always gonna be Africans who feel we shouldn't rep their culture...

I'm black as hell with a wide ass African nose, and I've had some Africans tell me to my face my very name was culture appropriation.... And I also have African friends who have no issues with my name and think it's beautiful....

So it can go either way..... But I did see a lot of mad Africans and I died laughing thinking about y'all

Bruh the shit was written and directed by a bunch of Africans so the entire argument is asinine to begin with... Shit just had me dying laughing.... My point is no matter how much co signs and validations we feel we deserve.... It's always gonna be Africans who feel we shouldn't rep their culture...

I'm black as hell with a wide ass African nose, and I've had some Africans tell me to my face my very name was culture appropriation.... And I also have African friends who have no issues with my name and think it's beautiful....

So it can go either way..... But I did see a lot of mad Africans and I died laughing thinking about y'all

ABW Reel Talk: “They could have got an real African woman to sing”

Finally watched it over the weekend

I enjoyed it. Visually its top notch

Found myself tapping my toe and nodding my head a lot to the music

Beyonce body is CRAZY after 3 kids....whew

Back