Welcome To aBlackWeb

Black farmers were sold 'fake' seeds, Memphis-based group says

im glad you brought that up...again same thing i went thru.
so when i try to tell or educate those coming after me...niggas try to say you preaching and let them learn on they own.

but why? why should i watch them fuck up when a bit of advice might help? if they dont follow it fine...i bet they will the next time tho.

i always rather be preachy than standing by watching a nigga fail.
what kinda man would i be allowing that?

We've had a lil discussion about this before. I told you sometimes its not what you say but how you say it. Just like in business you have to adjust what you saying depending on the audience. In most cases you can't speak to lower level workers as you would the board members. The way both groups receive the message is going to be different but you trying to get both groups to buy into what you telling them.

I take that same approach with my family and friends. I know them and their attitudes so even though I can have 2 folks going through the same exact thing but because they 2 different people I will tailor what I say for each specific person so the message is received better.

Also I understand that sometimes you just have to tell a person WTF shit is regardless of their feelings and how they gonna receive it. Just feel like you gotta do both and let the chips fall where they may. You did your part and thats all you can do.

We've had a lil discussion about this before. I told you sometimes its not what you say but how you say it. Just like in business you have to adjust what you saying depending on the audience. In most cases you can't speak to lower level workers as you would the board members. The way both groups receive the message is going to be different but you trying to get both groups to buy into what you telling them.

I take that same approach with my family and friends. I know them and their attitudes so even though I can have 2 folks going through the same exact thing but because they 2 different people I will tailor what I say for each specific person so the message is received better.

Also I understand that sometimes you just have to tell a person WTF shit is regardless of their feelings and how they gonna receive it. Just feel like you gotta do both and let the chips fall where they may. You did your part and thats all you can do.
true true.....
i usually try to feel people out.
i never just go head on.
only time i run into that type problem is them trynna be tough niggas who really just sensitive grown kids. i was holding them to the image they was displaying. but thats neither here nor there....

i actually stop trying to help niggas .....had a big blow up i wanted to make a thread about but never got around to it.
i needed to take a break...it was becoming too much. and low and behold...niggas said i was part of the problem ...
why? they said because people in our community need help and im not helping.

man i flipped the fuck out.

but yea ill save that story cause the shit still kinda got me hot.

but man its so much out here for our people....shit its alot here in europe for our people.
im not always going to be right but i will try to help when i can.
it can rewarding to see shit grow...shit its even rewarding helping when people stumble.
i just like to see our people getting it.

true true.....
i usually try to feel people out.
i never just go head on.
only time i run into that type problem is them trynna be tough niggas who really just sensitive grown kids. i was holding them to the image they was displaying. but thats neither here nor there....

i actually stop trying to help niggas .....had a big blow up i wanted to make a thread about but never got around to it.
i needed to take a break...it was becoming too much. and low and behold...niggas said i was part of the problem ...
why? they said because people in our community need help and im not helping.

man i flipped the fuck out.

but yea ill save that story cause the shit still kinda got me hot.

but man its so much out here for our people....shit its alot here in europe for our people.
im not always going to be right but i will try to help when i can.
it can rewarding to see shit grow...shit its even rewarding helping when people stumble.
i just like to see our people getting it.

I get what you saying. Shit was born and raised in DC and I have traveled a few places nothing super special though. My wife has always kind of wanted to move and I'm just becoming being open to that idea. Saying that to say in looking for work I see so many positions but like was said on the IC by you and I believe a few other people. Folks have to be willing to move and leave that comfort zone. It's hard to leave everything you've known for the unknown but if all person is doing is getting into shit, not advancing in life or both what does a person really have to lose on moving. Shit you can always move back if shit dont work out. Is how I see it now but never saw or thought that even 2 years ago.

I get what you saying. Shit was born and raised in DC and I have traveled a few places nothing super special though. My wife has always kind of wanted to move and I'm just becoming being open to that idea. Saying that to say in looking for work I see so many positions but like was said on the IC by you and I believe a few other people. Folks have to be willing to move and leave that comfort zone. It's hard to leave everything you've known for the unknown but if all person is doing is getting into shit, not advancing in life or both what does a person really have to lose on moving. Shit you can always move back if shit dont work out. Is how I see it now but never saw or thought that even 2 years ago.
i hear that
shit man.....look at it like challenging who you are. fighting a big nigga and getting lost in japan is the same to me. all you can depend on is yourself to get to safety.

you learn alot about yourself in the process.
and opportunities seem to spring up once your eyes are opened.
i said before once i broke the chain of the hood.....i felt like a caged lion back in the wild.
the earth is my element.
i mean im still a nigga in french and german and cantonese but hey...just dont be in me way when you say it.

im actually bring my lil cousin here for a week.
nigga been in and out of jail since he was like 15 we old as hell now.
i told him i want him to see the world ...first thing nigga want to do is bring his homies.

im like nah....this is for you. they people can take them.
i just want him to see ...life doesnt have to be what it was. hopefully he gets it.

Its sucks but nobody shoulr feel the need to carry on anything.

I dont expect my future kids to carry my collectables into their life to look after if they are not into it. I enjoyed it when i lived here and cant take shit when i leave so if they sell it then it will go to somebody who does enjoy it. Same for a family business.

Reading this article made me even stronger in conviction in wanting to buy a farm. I don't plan on farming on these peoples level but my wife and I want the land and to grow some of our own food and raise some animals.
My wife want to start growing our own fruits and vegetables, I told her we giving the first 2 batches away to see if people get sick before we eat it ourselves..

Yall in here talking that land shit like imminent domain aint been snatching land from white folks for generations.

That highway you driving on?

The land was prolly taken by force.

Sale the land and do great things that increase the money like it was the land.

Evolve.

My Rastafari friend back in New Orleans don’t have no big land just a house and his moms house and grows all type of things there and he don’t eat meat so he ain’t running to the store all the time too

I’m think bout following that

My Rastafari friend back in New Orleans don’t have no big land just a house and his moms house and grows all type of things there and he don’t eat meat so he ain’t running to the store all the time too

I’m think bout following that
Land still been surveyed bro.

Gentrification will have folks wondering why their favorite decades old rib shack is now a 3 story coffee shop with a drive thru.

Some people in some areas just resist change cause their kin is too progressive, self destructive or short sighted.

what ever happened to doing what you have to do to do what you want to do?

why would a person not instill in their child the value of hardwork to do what you want to do?

i was going to give an example but the solutions was already given in here.

but the purpose is to not work i thought.

Back