Welcome To aBlackWeb

Black Excellence: MOTHER GIFTS DAUGHTER WITH BUSINESS INSTEAD OF A CAR FOR SWEET 16

people complain that college makes you pay tuition to study a major chosen by an 18/19 year old who dont really know shit for shit about life. I'm supposed to believe a 16 year old that had a parent capable of blessing her with a car for her Birthday, is the type of child thats hard working and fiscally responsible?...

like I said, if we are being optimistic..aight..
She (mom) sees something in her daughters interest to propel her to have this business started. Her daughter most def has to be independent already

A great thing about this is that the business doesn't even need to be successful for this to have major impact on themselves and the community.

Every hustler I know started young like selling candy and things like that in school. These people took that same entrepreneurial spirit and applied it in the streets or something "legit". Most of those people who started off selling candy or mowing lawns got their own shit right now or at least a side hustle they're building up.

In order to be successful in anything you have to fail many times. Every successful business owner I know or have heard of have failed several times with different endeavors before they became "successful". I don't know how true this is but Warren Buffet even said that he won't even consider doing business with someone unless they failed at least 3 times. Failure is a part of success.

Having your own business basically eliminates the desire to just get a job and work for someone else's goals and agendas. If it fails then they know they can start another business. They might have to work a 9-5 for a little bit but the goal will always be for them to have their own. Owning their own business gave them real life experiences and even more important, confidence. I personally would like to see how my child deals with the adversity. Adversity is inevitable so why not start early so they can learn to deal with adversity better as adults?

Also THE BUSINESS DOES NOT NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL. This doesn't need to be something they have to pass down to their children. They're teenagers. They most likely still live with their parents or guardian(s) rent free which means they have time to stack and if it fails they have time to bounce back and create something new without having the weight of the world on their shoulders.

The experience of having your own business will teach you everything you need to know about fiscal responsibility and more whether they're independent and have a hustler's spirit or not. Experience is usually the best teacher.

A great thing about this is that the business doesn't even need to be successful for this to have major impact on themselves and the community.

Every hustler I know started young like selling candy and things like that in school. These people took that same entrepreneurial spirit and applied it in the streets or something "legit". Most of those people who started off selling candy or mowing lawns got their own shit right now or at least a side hustle they're building up.

In order to be successful in anything you have to fail many times. Every successful business owner I know or have heard of have failed several times with different endeavors before they became "successful". I don't know how true this is but Warren Buffet even said that he won't even consider doing business with someone unless they failed at least 3 times. Failure is a part of success.

Having your own business basically eliminates the desire to just get a job and work for someone else's goals and agendas. If it fails then they know they can start another business. They might have to work a 9-5 for a little bit but the goal will always be for them to have their own. Owning their own business gave them real life experiences and even more important, confidence. I personally would like to see how my child deals with the adversity. Adversity is inevitable so why not start early so they can learn to deal with adversity better as adults?

Also THE BUSINESS DOES NOT NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL. This doesn't need to be something they have to pass down to their children. They're teenagers. They most likely still live with their parents or guardian(s) rent free which means they have time to stack and if it fails they have time to bounce back and create something new without having the weight of the world on their shoulders.

The experience of having your own business will teach you everything you need to know about fiscal responsibility and more whether they're independent and have a hustler's spirit or not. Experience is usually the best teacher.
and this is why i always said.....saying not all people are built for business is stupid and failure talk....
you dont know what you can do until you try.

we got whole thread of people saying its not possible.

but my question is.....while we do see people who fail in business ..we also see people who succeed.
why do we take on the negative and not the positive.
why do we take on what cant be vs what can be?

then our kids see this and believe the same. the cycle ends or continues with us

and this is why i always said.....saying not all people are built for business is stupid and failure talk....
you dont know what you can do until you try.

we got whole thread of people saying its not possible.

but my question is.....while we do see people who fail in business ..we also see people who succeed.
why do we take on the negative and not the positive.
why do we take on what cant be vs what can be?

then our kids see this and believe the same. the cycle ends or continues with us

If I don't believe I'm capable of greatness why would I believe you are?

If I don't believe I was made in the image of God why would I see God in you?

In life we face several "fight or flight" moments. Whichever one we CHOOSE TO do the most is the one we become great at. We can either become great at courage or cowardice but I don't think it's set in stone, once a coward always a coward. I believe people can learn to be courageous in a healthy way and it will manifest in the things they do. Basically learning to take healthy risks. But again that's a choice.

I think it would be more productive to focus on and build with those of us who are willing to take healthy and productive risks. I think it would be more productive if we spoke to and nurtured the greatness in each other and ourselves. In other words give words of encouragement and support to those who focus on the positive and those who focus on the negative but more importantly continue to build with those who believe in themselves even if it's just a few.

If I don't believe I'm capable of greatness why would I believe you are?

If I don't believe I was made in the image of God why would I see God in you?

In life we face several "fight or flight" moments. Whichever one we CHOOSE TO do the most is the one we become great at. We can either become great at courage or cowardice but I don't think it's set in stone, once a coward always a coward. I believe people can learn to be courageous in a healthy way and it will manifest in the things they do. Basically learning to take healthy risks. But again that's a choice.

I think it would be more productive to focus on and build with those of us who are willing to take healthy and productive risks. I think it would be more productive if we spoke to and nurtured the greatness in each other and ourselves. In other words give words of encouragement and support to those who focus on the positive and those who focus on the negative but more importantly continue to build with those who believe in themselves even if it's just a few.
true...i understand the very words you are speaking.
when we have the big talk.....i would like to add on to this post.

Back