Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News Black Excellence: Black owned banks merge to form institution worth $1B

I saw this and didn't get to make the thread but it's made and that's more important.

I think maybe it's to strengthen their position and help calm investors after that takeover attempt I flipped out about. Thank goodness the ceo was smart enough to create the poison pill.

^^^exactly and this is what I was concerned about

I'd prefer to see more smaller banks created than a merger consolidating into fewer

but mofos only see dollar amounts and don't really understand what's going on

when black banks in the US start doing mergers with black banks in other black countries, then I'll celebrate

in the meantime I'll move accordingly

Combined they now have $1B in assets.

I gave you context of others in the industry.

Black bankers will have to continue linking up and pooling funds to have a chance.

ok and having $1B in assets does what in comparison to that pic you posted?

:js4:I'm not sure what we are really excited about here

ok and having $1B in assets does what in comparison to that pic you posted?

:js4:I'm not sure what we are really excited about here
Broadway was in danger of getting taken over by a CAC just a few months ago. So anything that strengthens our institutions and helps keep them out of other peoples hand is a win.

Broadway was in danger of getting taken over by a CAC just a few months ago. So anything that strengthens our institutions and helps keep them out of other peoples hand is a win.

it really doesn't tho................are you aware just how much a billion is in comparison to a trillion?

it really doesn't tho................are you aware just how much a billion is in comparison to a trillion?
It does though, the guy who was trying to take it over put in a bid at below market value in comparison to their asset value. He was artificially suppressing the stock value to try and perform a hostile takeover.

Moves like this that are driving the stock price up are a measure against that happening now or in the future. Plus a bigger institution should in theory be able to better serve the community, by allocating more capital for loans and just by being able to serve more people.

If you're only takeaway is that a billion isnt a trillion, that's fine to me. But I dont see how we get there by lamenting that we arent there already. Gotta support what we have and grow it ourselves.

It does though, the guy who was trying to take it over put in a bid at below market value in comparison to their asset value. He was artificially suppressing the stock value to try and perform q hostile takeover.

Moves like this that are driving the stock price up are a measure against that happening now or in the future. Plus a bigger institution should in theory be able to better serve the community, by allocating more capital for loans and just by being able to serve more people.

If you're only takeaway is that a billion isnt a trillion, that's fine to me. But I dont see how we get there by lamenting that we arent there already. Gotta support what we have and grow it ourselves.
Well said bro.

It does though, the guy who was trying to take it over put in a bid at below market value in comparison to their asset value. He was artificially suppressing the stock value to try and perform q hostile takeover.

bruh u still talking about a small fish in comparison to big fish

if that company is a target and it only controls $1B in comparison to larger banks with trillions

it's only a matter of time before it becomes a target again later........they are just delaying the inevitable

and if the concern is being controlled by CACs, well u still have to play as part of the Fed Reserve system, so u still relying on a CAC network

the real thing to get excited about is if a black owned US bank merged with a black country's bank overseas...........CACs can't do shit about that

but I'll let ya'll be happy

bruh u still talking about a small fish in comparison to big fish

if that company is a target and it only controls $1B in comparison to larger banks with trillions

it's only a matter of time before it becomes a target again later........they are just delaying the inevitable

and if the concern is being controlled by CACs, well u still have to play as part of the Fed Reserve system, so u still relying on a CAC network

the real thing to get excited about is if a black owned US bank merged with a black country's bank overseas...........CACs can't do shit about that

but I'll let ya'll be happy
Lol This debbie downer ass nigga

I was thinking.

That takeover attempt might have been a ploy to make that can more money.

When I first heard about it.....I wanted to say in that thread for everyone to buy some shares to stop dude.

But that would make him more money because he owns a majority of the shares and when the news hit...It was during the time when alot of people was buying black. It was kinda a fucked up position.

Help the bank but make him rich or pray the takeover fails.

I'm curious if this move was to dilute voting power since that cac tried to play it the way he did. Shit still pisses me off. Like that's one of the few times I lost my cool reading something.

But I need to read up more on this to be certain of a few things

Lol This debbie downer ass nigga

shit is sad tho that mofos feel some type of way when u tell them the truth

instead of just going with the flow and blindly smiling like shit is all good

we love celebrating some shit even if we don't understand..........cats in here ready to throw a party and have a barbecue over this news?

not even realizing that "black banks" don't even really exist in 2020 at all even with this merger......black banks only exist in name only:imsayin:

another fun fact: it makes better sense to invest in a company's stock before the merger actually happens............but I'm not gon stop ya'll from getting all geeked up over this shit tho

Back