Welcome To aBlackWeb

NeighborhoodNomad

the marathon continues........
Would you be willing to live on or start an all Black and Brown commune?

Commune - a group of people living together and sharing possessions and responsibilities.
synonyms: collective, cooperative, communal settlement, kibbutz
"she lives in a commune"

I def would but only when any kid I got is grown n out the house.

I had close fam that lived on a commune, it was beautiful.

I def would but only when any kid I got is grown n out the house.

I had close fam that lived on a commune, it was beautiful.

Why wait until your kids are grown?

Do your people still live on one? How long have they been living on a commune?

Why wait until your kids are grown?

i wld wait until any kids i have r grown cuz i like to minimize risk n living communally requires a degree of trust, no matter how well vetted the ppl are. im cool takin a leap of faith when its just me but not when im responsible for kids.
no longer. 1 lived in one for 2 yrs when in their 20s, another lived in 1 with their immediate fam for the first 5 yrs of their life.

I mean people living, sharing and building a community together. I didn't even consider "free love". Everything isn't about sex Trini.

;;;
lol some people include free love with it!

the communes my fam were on were pretty much all white hippies but nice nonetheless. I remember hearing that Lenny Kravitz, Cree Summer and Lisa Bonet were on some secret black commune.

I'm down for building a community from the ground up

Because my house was used as a kid to help out people for long periods of time and it always changed the vibe. There is a different energy when you are with family, friends, neighbours and others when they are in your house.

I want everyone that doesn't belong in my house to leave when I say so. That's not happening with communal living. I'm not even going to mention the hygiene issues.

Especially if there are more of one gender than the other in the house. Goodbye personal space and boundaries.

Nope, nope, nope, nope.

Because my house was used as a kid to help out people for long periods of time and it always changed the vibe. There is a different energy when you are with family, friends, neighbours and others when they are in your house.

I want everyone that doesn't belong in my house to leave when I say so. That's not happening with communal living. I'm not even going to mention the hygiene issues.

Especially if there are more of one gender than the other in the house. Goodbye personal space and boundaries.

Nope, nope, nope, nope.
oh shit. very good point. i love privacy.

i dont think i can do it if it's one house that's shared.

lol some people include free love with it!

the communes my fam were on were pretty much all white hippies but nice nonetheless. I remember hearing that Lenny Kravitz, Cree Summer and Lisa Bonet were on some secret black commune.

I'm down for building a community from the ground up

That's what it's about! Rebuilding a community from the ground up!

I can see all the people you just named living on a commune.

If we were to build one it doesn't have to follow a hippy blueprint either.

I'd be down with the right people. Closest friends and people I/we know are trustworthy and dedicated to building not freeloading.

Would you be willing to live on or start an all Black and Brown commune?

Commune - a group of people living together and sharing possessions and responsibilities.
synonyms: collective, cooperative, communal settlement, kibbutz
"she lives in a commune"

Yes but it would probably be burned down like philly MOVE

....I mean you see how they did Fela Kuti.

My commune would work off a barter system.
I'm trying to get as far away from this capitalistic system as possible.

Yes but it would probably be burned down like philly MOVE

....I mean you see how they did Fela Kuti.

My commune would work off a barter system.
I'm trying to get as far away from this capitalistic system as possible.

I agree. Imo, the barter/gift system is the only way it should be.

And yeah, how they did our Brothers and Sisters in Philly was pure evil, but we can't let that be a deterrent. A lesson maybe but not a deterrent.

I agree. Imo, the barter/gift system is the only way it should be.

And yeah, how they did our Brothers and Sisters in Philly was pure evil, but we can't let that be a deterrent. A lesson maybe but not a deterrent.

You're right.
That shouldn't be a deterrent.

Back