Welcome To aBlackWeb

Birdman Creates "Cash Money West" Label

ABW

Cash Money Records is expanding.

Birdman has announced the launch of a new imprint called Cash Money West and revealed its first signing, Long Beach native Saviii 3rd. The Hip Hop mogul unveiled the news on Instagram, sharing a picture of himself and his latest signee alongside Wack 100.

“Thugginn @saviii3rd @wack100 #CMW #dropping #kingofhiphop @birdman5star,” Birdman wrote.

Saviii added, “Cash Money Busi

we finally got hold to one of these lil niggas out here, we eatin forever

When it comes to that lil nigga getting his money
giphy.gif

have you ever heard of Savii? me either

I mean we all roast them at this point, but I aint gone fake

to a young nigga thats been tryna rap since middle school and been gettin shitted on, then Birdman wants a meeting and has 35K cash and a chain for you?.......a lotta lil niggas gone be foaming at the mouth, already thinking about flexin on all the doubters

still not smart per say....but shit....I see it

Sounds like a last ditch effort
He should have expanded years ago when he was at the height of his career.

Maybe @Sion can help me out with this.

I’m thinking that this separate company was created for multiple reasons.

If Cash Money goes into bankruptcy, he could still operate like nothing ever happened via this company IF he structured it correctly.

Secondly, he could use this company to pull new money via loans and such.

I may be wrong, but those are my thoughts on it.

nah....only LLC's can just crash and dash like that

no idea if record companies work the same, but other companies that size take full responsibility for every umbrella they got under them

if cash money burns, Bryan is going down with it

as far as the loans.....a new company name and EIN dont change your credit or banking history....if the same name is on the loan its no different to them....you really look worse with ANOTHER venture opening if your debt to income ratio is fucked up

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2018/07/birdman-wack-100-launch-cash-money-records-west-coast-expansion/

Just a week after announcing the signing of rapper Saviii 3rd to a record deal, Birdman and hip-hop manager Wack 100 have announced the launch of Cash Money West.

According to Wack, who manages The Game, he and Birdman have been in talks for a few months to launch the new division of Cash Money and were recently able to finalize a joint deal to get it off the ground, TMZ reports.

Cash Money West's mission will be a bit different than Cash Money Records, with the new imprint focusing on up-and-coming artists who are trying to break into the mainstream. The new division is also reportedly getting some big support from Universal Music Group—Cash Money's parent company—in the form of a $20 million budget.

Wack 100, who originally pitched the idea of a West Coast expansion of Cash Money Records to Birdman and Slim, says he has also been named vice president of the new operation. Offices and studios for Cash Money West are expected to open soon.

While it hasn't been officially confirmed, it appears Saviii 3rd is Cash Money West's first artist. In an Instagram post of Birdman, Saviii and Wack 100, Birdman wrote "#CMW" in the caption, which appears to stand for Cash Money West.

"Thugginn @saviii3rd @wack100 #CMW #dropping #kingofhiphop @ birdman5star," Birdman stated in the caption. Saviii also posted the same photo on his IG page, adding, "Cash Money Business.. stop asking."

The signing of Saviii 3rd comes at a perfect time for Birdman, who recently lost Lil Wayne from Cash Money. The Louisiana rapper was released from the label in June after reaching a settlement with the imprint.

Back