7. Lil Wayne
6. Biggie
5. Eminem
4. 2pac
3. Nas
2. Kendrick
1. Jay-Z

From the article...

the teams took into account the following criteria, not in any particular order: body of work/achievements (charted singles/albums, gold/platinum certifications), cultural impact/influence (how the artist’s work fostered the genre’s evolution), longevity (years at the mic), lyrics (storytelling skills) and flow (vocal prowess).

The list makes a bit more sense based on this criteria. Still don't agree with it tho...

It’s hard for me to take some of these lists seriously.
They are created to get ppl talking and in their feels

Also dickriding propaganda

Rolling Stone recently had MJ ranked 87th on their list of greatest singers….87th

From the article...

the teams took into account the following criteria, not in any particular order: body of work/achievements (charted singles/albums, gold/platinum certifications), cultural impact/influence (how the artist’s work fostered the genre’s evolution), longevity (years at the mic), lyrics (storytelling skills) and flow (vocal prowess).

The list makes a bit more sense based on this criteria. Still don't agree with it tho...
Based on this criteria Kanye should be number 1

It’s at least 7 niggas from Kendrick’s class, that’s better than him. Smh.

• Ether
Reactions: GNS
Only REAL issue I have (cuz lists ate mostly just opinionated and subjective) is Dr. Dre being on tha list when prolly +90% of his rhymes were admittedly written by other people…

Now I wouldn’t have an issue if tha list was too 50 people in hip-hop…but not as a rapper when other niggaz from tha Wu could be in there lol

Back