Welcome To aBlackWeb

Bill Cosby Sentenced 3-10 Years In Prison

preach sis.

where that nigga at that was all on cosby?
@HellCzar

bruh.....let me ask you.
can you understand and not agree with something?
can you agree and not support?
can you respect the accomplishments of a man but not fuck with the man?
can you want a fair trial for a guilty man?
cn you free a guilty man because the trial wasnt fair?

my whole argument in this thread is that this trial was not fair. and these chicks have no proof and they using someone that shouldnt be called to testify.

you are against all this because of your hate for cosby...and thinking i am supporting because i want fairness for a black man.

what was so hard to understand with this?
The irony is hella thick with this one but I get your point.

The irony is hella thick with this one but I get your point.
lets talk about it.....how so?

thing is.......why cant someone respect hitler for his ability to mobilize millions to think they can conquer the world....but still hate the fact that he didnt like black people?

why is it that black people can side with white people to take down another black person but then wonder why we stand alone trying to take down a white person?

I hate rkelly and his pedo ways.....but i will say...if they take his music off the radio and stop his concerts......shouldnt that go for all pedos?

and if he was found innocent...then we should stand by what the court says...no matter how we personally feel.
because when a black person is found guilty....we stand by that conviction.

how long did white people hate OJ after his innocent conviction? simply because they felt his was guilty....right?
how many white people are still hated in the eyes of society after being found innocent?

everyone wants to stand by their own regardless of how the court sees it.
yet black people stand with white people against black people....how?

are our morals that fucked up?

where has it gotten us to support others and not our own?

white rapists and killers and mass murderers are celebrated in america and abroad......yet black people can be killed for having skittles.

why did zimmerman get so much money to his gofund me account?
what about after he was found innocent?

shit is sickening...how many black people are turning against cosby.

fact is ...if he didnt touch anyone in your family.....you are too vested in his take down,.
no one is returning money.......yet watch how many come for it.

are you niggas this vested in reparations for the raping, forced labor, mental abuse, homo desired brainwashing and all the shit that was done to black people?

why not?

you should really take a step back from right and wrong and try to understand how the media is controlling how you think and what you think.

please show me a photo of crying black women and tell me that alot of black men and the public at large would care the same way.

"Nigger Jim" was some type of compliment? Or was that some type of quaint saying of the times we should just accept? Like confederate statues.

Wait, are you being serious? Are you saying that Mark Twain is racist because he wrote his stories accurate to the settings? You do realize that he personally wasn't calling a black man "Nigger Jim." He wrote a story where the racist CaC characters in the story were calling a black man that just as they did in the time period which the story was written. I'm going to assume you didn't actually read the story, so you missed out on the fact that part of the point of it was the development of Huckleberry to understand that he was wrong about how he viewed Jim.

lets talk about it.....how so?

thing is.......why cant someone respect hitler for his ability to mobilize millions to think they can conquer the world....but still hate the fact that he didnt like black people?

why is it that black people can side with white people to take down another black person but then wonder why we stand alone trying to take down a white person?

I hate rkelly and his pedo ways.....but i will say...if they take his music off the radio and stop his concerts......shouldnt that go for all pedos?

and if he was found innocent...then we should stand by what the court says...no matter how we personally feel.
because when a black person is found guilty....we stand by that conviction.

how long did white people hate OJ after his innocent conviction? simply because they felt his was guilty....right?
how many white people are still hated in the eyes of society after being found innocent?

everyone wants to stand by their own regardless of how the court sees it.
yet black people stand with white people against black people....how?

are our morals that fucked up?

where has it gotten us to support others and not our own?

white rapists and killers and mass murderers are celebrated in america and abroad......yet black people can be killed for having skittles.

why did zimmerman get so much money to his gofund me account?
what about after he was found innocent?

shit is sickening...how many black people are turning against cosby.

fact is ...if he didnt touch anyone in your family.....you are too vested in his take down,.
no one is returning money.......yet watch how many come for it.

are you niggas this vested in reparations for the raping, forced labor, mental abuse, homo desired brainwashing and all the shit that was done to black people?

why not?

you should really take a step back from right and wrong and try to understand how the media is controlling how you think and what you think.

please show me a photo of crying black women and tell me that alot of black men and the public at large would care the same way.
Besides that Hitler shit I can agree with everything you said.

Wait, are you being serious? Are you saying that Mark Twain is racist because he wrote his stories accurate to the settings? You do realize that he personally wasn't calling a black man "Nigger Jim." He wrote a story where the racist CaC characters in the story were calling a black man that just as they did in the time period which the story was written. I'm going to assume you didn't actually read the story, so you missed out on the fact that part of the point of it was the development of Huckleberry to understand that he was wrong about how he viewed Jim.

Give me a break. The great Mark Twain wrote wrote his precious American classic that reinforced stereotypical black caricatures. Nigger Jim was depicted as the loveable gentle giant whose only concern in life was making the white folks feel comfortable and safe. We don't have to accept it as a beloved classic just because they do.

Give me a break. The great Mark Twain wrote wrote his precious American classic that reinforced stereotypical black caricatures. Nigger Jim was depicted as the loveable gentle giant whose only concern in life was making the white folks feel comfortable and safe. We don't have to accept it as a beloved classic just because they do.

I don't care whether you think it's a classic or not. That's beside the point. You're mischaracterizing the book to paint Twain as a racist. That's silly. Now Twain might have been a racist. I don't think he was, but I don't know. I will say, I don't see how you read this book and came to that conclusion. The whole purpose of the Huck and Jim relationship was to show how Huck transitioned from thinking like society did at the time and seeing Jim as lesser to understanding that Jim was a human just like him and even growing to respect Jim more than pretty much anyone else is his life. I guess, you may have a point about Jim being a stereotype, but the book was published in 1884. I don't think the portrayal of Jim was as much a stereotype as it was a representation of the way most black people were at the time because CaCs basically terrorized them into being that way. You're talking about a time when blacks showing meekness towards whites was pretty much required for them to stay alive.

They can keep their icons even if flawed but we gotta toss ours aside if they have shown any sign of imperfection. We get way too caught up in the goals of preserving their culture but put little effort in preserving ours.

Nobody is ever expecting perfection...but this idea that "well white folks support their fuck ups no matter what so we should as well" isn't a good idea either. Having standards for What you will and won't accept isn't a bad thing just because white folks don't do it

Why can't it be both? The things that Cosby is being accused of is right or wrong, and if he did them he deserves to be punished. However, the way he's being treated and the way his situation is being handled could very well be a black and white thing.

True but in this day and time.

ACCUSATIONS=
giphy.gif

Why can't it be both? The things that Cosby is being accused of is right or wrong, and if he did them he deserves to be punished. However, the way he's being treated and the way his situation is being handled could very well be a black and white thing.
thanks for reiterating what ive been saying all over the board in the past few weeks.....

That white dude that went to Stanford that raped that chick and was guilty got probation.

Him and his dad admitted he did.

"he shouldn't be punish for the rest of his lift for 10 minutes of action"

Direct quote from his dad

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profil...-hire-gets-him-off-the-hook-once-and-for-all/

Bill Cosby Is Hoping New Star Attorney Hire Gets Him Off the Hook, Once and For All

Convicted sex offender Bill Cosby is taking measures to ensure that he has the best chance possible of overturning his conviction on appeal with the hire of star attorney Peter Goldberger.

According to Law.com, Goldberger’s speciality is appeal and post-conviction matters, and he’s represented plenty of known individuals. One of Goldberger’s most recent high-profile clients was rapper Meek Mill.

Goldberger once said of Mill, “We don’t want him to be treated better, but we do want him to be treated the same as 1,500 other people whose similar cases have been granted.” Goldberger helped Mill secure his release from prison.

Cosby sent attorneys Tom Mesereau and Kathleen Bliss packing in June, after he was convicted on three counts of aggravated indecent assault. Mesereau and Bliss raised eyebrows during that trial when they called Cosby accuser Andrea Constand a “pathological liar.” They were replaced by Joseph P. Green.

Goldberger joined Green on the case in a Monday filing. One connection of note is that Goldberger worked with former Cosby lawyer, Brian McMonagle, on the Meek Mill case. McMonagle was Cosby’s lawyer during his first trial, which ended in mistrial.

Green has said that there are “complicated legislative and constitutional issues unique to Pennsylvania law” that must be resolved in advance of sentencing.

One of the things Green and Goldberger are bound to dispute is the classification of Cosby as a “sexually violent predator.” Green forecasted this in early August, arguing that the Court “must declare the statute unconstitutional, and refuse to hold a hearing on the Commonwealth’s request to deem Mr. Cosby a sexually violent predator.”

Montgomery County District Attorney Kevin R. Steele had a different opinion on this:

Upon receiving the Sexual Offenders Assessment from the Sexual Offenders Assessment Board opining the defendant to be a Sexually Violent Predator, the Commonwealth, pursuant to 42 Pa. C.S.A. § 9799.24., respectfully requests The Court schedule a hearing to determine whether the Defendant is a Sexually Violent Predator.

As mentioned, Cosby’s first sexual assault trial ended in mistrial because of a hung jury. The second trial began in March 29 of 2018 and ended just about one month later. Now he’s looking to the future.

Back