Welcome To aBlackWeb

Biggest QB busts of the 2010’s?

Honestly, he could wind up having a decent career but it'll still be consider a bust cuz the Bears traded picks to move up, and passed on Watson & Mahomes, to take him.
Wouldn't consider him a bust because the organization passed on two superior QBs

If Im not mistaken Mahomes and Watson were consistently rated higher than he was.

Not his fault the bears have a shitty personnel dept.

Wentz has twice as many TDs than INTs.

He is not a bust. What the hell is wrong with y’all.

Dude put up 27-7 last year. Y’all just remember this year for some reason and I don’t understand why

Wouldn't consider him a bust because the organization passed on two superior QBs

If Im not mistaken Mahomes and Watson were consistently rated higher than he was.

Not his fault the bears have a shitty personnel dept.
Watson was considered the best QB prospect in that draft. Mahomes was not a sure thing. Put it like this if the Bears took Watson. Then Trubisky would’ve been the next QB off the board.

Carson Wentz never did that.

Jameis was never an MVP frontrunner. Wentz was. Jameis never threw twice as many TD's as INT. Wentz did it 3 out of 5 years. Wentz never turned the ball over 35 times in a season.

And who are Wentz's best wide receivers? Jameis had 5 years of Evans, 3 years of Godwin, 2 years of DJax, 4 years of Humphries.

Jameis was never an MVP frontrunner. Wentz was. Jameis never threw twice as many TD's as INT. Wentz did it 3 out of 5 years. Wentz never turned the ball over 35 times in a season.

And who are Wentz's best wide receivers? Jameis had 5 years of Evans, 3 years of Godwin, 2 years of DJax, 4 years of Humphries.
Jameis threw for more yards and more TD’s in his career. One is a “bust” and the other isn’t. See now I’m back in another Jameis debate with you smh.

If its just 1st round QBs: Haskins, Rosen, Darnold (?), Paxton, Manziel, EJ Manuel, Weeden (even though I never expected much from him), Locker, Ponder. IMO all of those QBs didn't have high grades while they were in college. Sam Darnold was the closest to me, but for the most part USC has terrible pro QBs.

Jameis threw for more yards and more TD’s in his career. One is a “bust” and the other isn’t. See now I’m back in another Jameis debate with you smh.

He went from 1st over all pick to 3 string QB

tenor.gif

Winston threw 2,900 more yards (that's just shy of about 3/4 of a normal seasons worth of yards), 8 more TD's (about 1/3 - 1/4th of a normal seasons worth of TD's). 38 more INT's. 38 more... that's like 3 or 4 normal years worth of interceptions difference.

Winston threw 2,900 more yards (that's just shy of about 3/4 of a normal seasons worth of yards), 8 more TD's (about 1/3 - 1/4th of a normal seasons worth of TD's). 38 more INT's. 38 more... that's like 3 or 4 normal years worth of interceptions difference.
Did he throw for more yards and more TD’s? Okay then.
Carson was just more luckier than Jameis.

To me there are busts (Locker, Gabbert, Ponder, Weeden, Manuel, Manziel, Lynch, Rosen, Haskins) then there are disappointments/underachievers (Bradford, Bortles, Jameis, Mariota, Wentz, Trubisky, Darnold)
I wouldnt put Haskns or Rosen in the bust category just yet

Thats just me tho

Idk. When QBs start off bad with their 1st team, they usually don't really bounce back. Off the top of my head, I can only think of Tannehill who actually played better on his 2nd team. All other names mentioned before were on backup status or out the league.

Back