Biggest Flop: 2000 Redskins vs 2011 Eagles

Biggest Flop: 2000 Redskins vs 2011 Eagles

• Total voters

5th Letter

Mod Squad
Jan 22, 2017
Both teams won their division the year before at 10-6, both teams spent a ton of money in the offseason on veterans. Both teams flopped and missed the playoffs.

2000 Redskins key acquisitions

Deion Sanders, Bruce Smith, Jeff George, Mark Carrier, and Adrian Murrell. In the draft they took Lavar Arrington 2nd overall via the Saints (Ricky Williams trade) and they packaged their other 1st round picks to move up to number 3 to draft Chris Samuels.

2011 Eagles key acquisitions

Vince Young, Nnamdi Asomugha, Dominique Rogers-Cromartie, Evan Mathis, Jason Babin, Steve Smith and Ronnie Brown. In the draft they took Jason Kelce in the 6th round, most of their picks were so so.

Both teams went 8-8 both coaches were fired not too long after and coincidentally the Giants won the division (00 and 11) and made the Super Bowl in those respective seasons.

Sounds like they both imploded equally brother

I remember us getting Deion & me being so damn excited. I dunno why they thought getting Jeff George was a good idea. Even with Brad Johnson regressing he still went 7-4 as the starter. That 2011 Eagles squad tho should have been a Super Bowl contender with the talent on that team.

Crazy the Giants made the Super Bowl both those seasons.

Both teams won their division the year before at 10-6, both teams spent a ton of money in the offseason on veterans. Both teams flopped and missed the playoffs.

Deion Sanders, Bruce Smith, Jeff George, Mark Carrier, and Adrian Murrell. In the draft they took Lavar Arrington 2nd overall via the Saints (Ricky Williams trade) and they packaged their other 1st round picks to move up to number 3 to draft Chris Samuels.

2011 Eagles key acquisitions

Vince Young, Nnamdi Asomugha, Dominique Rogers-Cromartie, Evan Mathis, Jason Babin, Steve Smith and Ronnie Brown. In the draft they took Jason Kelce in the 6th round, most of their picks were so so.

Both teams went 8-8 both coaches were fired not too long after and coincidentally the Giants won the division (00 and 11) and made the Super Bowl in those respective seasons.

Wasnt really watchin football like that in 2000. But i remember seein prime w the redskins.

That 11 eagles squad tho....LMAO

Deion Sanders, Bruce Smith, Jeff George, Mark Carrier, and Adrian Murrell

Those guys were all washed by the time they got there. The front office flopped on that one.

I choose Philly.

One main problem with the Birds that year was that Andy made one of his offensive line coaches, Juan Castillo, the DEFENSE COORDINATOR. Shit made zero sense. Dude had no idea how to run that defense, and it showed. Andy was begging to be fired that year. He'd gone through a lot (mostly with his sons), and I think Philly just took its toll on him.