Welcome To aBlackWeb

'Big 3' From 95-99?

I think Method Man could be a better choice than Jay.

Between Wu, his solo joints, then him and Red at the end of the 90s.

IDK...... :js4:

It was definitely Wu all day everyday at this point in my life and I thought about their impact at this time wit’ Meth kinda bein’ tha most commercially recognizable but they were still such a big collective it’d be tuff pickin’ any of them out at this time as a top 3…

But Jay put out RD, Vol 1, Vol 2 and Streets is Watching durin’ this timeframe…Nas only had IWW during this time and Buss was coming into his own but was still for tha most part a dope feature artist…

Just my opinion tho

Last edited:
Tupac released one of the greatest rap albums, ever, and to this day people play it because of how great it was. The Notorious B.I.G. is a perfect kind of every single thing you need out of a lyrical juggernaut in terms of rapping. His features as well as his last album solidified how great he was in terms of what he can do. Someone who I believe is third? Has to be Jay-Z

Tupac
Jay
BIG

Two of the three of these dudes were dead at least half of the time range. Pac died 9/13/96 and big 3/9/97. Jay was HUGE when hard knock life dropped. It was Pac and Big til like 97. Then it was Jay, Nas, and probably DMX

So I assume we know your votes for tha next 4 years coming up then lol

I know when Pac and Big died but they were still extremely large during tha year-year 1/2 right after their death

X popped in ‘98 but it was unexpected…he couldn’t be a “Big 3” from ‘94-‘97

Nas had IWW and was of course still Nas but Jay was starting his takeoff wit 4 projects in this specific time frame 🤷🏽‍♂️

Back