Welcome To aBlackWeb

Biden Administration to start working on reparations “Now”

Nobody excusing anything. I agree with you, but instead of complaining that it will be the same we need leadership that will push for what we want instead of leaving it up to the same politicians to decide for us.

Why do we continue to expect people that aren’t us to do right by us then complain that they aren’t doing right by us? That’s insane.

I'm done.

You & everyone else should take those two words literally.

It's political theater, like the BS bill they pushed here in CA. Don't give Biden or anyone credit for playing to optics. This isn't a real attempt at reparations

Give us 40 acres of actual land like was promised. Or 100k each(no bigger than the cost of the stimulus).
Fuck this free Community college bullshit, that does nothing.

How did that bill work out??

I know they had some junk in there about "African descendants" and other crazy language. Cali has a lot of illegals and that's no surprise since its been Democrat ran, so I wouldn't be surprised if they happened to get a piece of that check.

How did that bill work out??

I know they had some junk in there about "African descendants" and other crazy language. Cali has a lot of illegals and that's no surprise since its been Democrat ran, so I wouldn't be surprised if they happened to get a piece of that check.
It's been already forgotten. They pushed it simply to get out the vote, nothing more. Same shit as always.

And yeh, they've been replacing us with illegals for the last 20 years. We don't have hardly any pollical power left in CA

It's been already forgotten. They pushed it simply to get out the vote, nothing more. Same shit as always.

And yeh, they've been replacing us with illegals for the last 20 years. We don't have hardly any pollical power left in CA

Typical.

Not surprised by any of this.

Why don't ya'll stop begging for handouts and get a job?

After you get your little $500 reparations check, then what?

And free college? Only for black people? What's the verification? Ancestry.com?
It's about what we're owed. We were supposed to get 40 acres of land. That would translated to $6.9 trillion worth of wealth today. Instead we got Jim Crow laws put on us. Things would be fundamentally different in America had this not happen.

But what pisses me off the most is how white people still use reparations today as a talking point knowing damn well nothing will ever get passed. It's the biggest kind of "fuck you", right? They remind of us how we got screwed, and then wave it in our face for support. I'm sick of people allowing this to go on.

Oh yeah! I heard. I just never posted it here on ABW.

Black women, are very upset about Gavin's pick for Alex Padilla rather than Karen Bass or B. Lee for Senate too. Tuhh. Play stupid games w/ democrats and win stupid prizes.

San Francisco mayor calls Padillo pick a ‘blow’ to African Americans

San Francisco’s mayor blasted California Gov. Gavin Newsom for appointing Alex Padillo to fill the Senate seat vacated by Vice President-elect Kamala Harris, calling it an affront to African Americans and predicting there will be no more black women in the chamber.

“This is a real blow to the African American community, to African American women, to women in general,” Mayor London Breed told ABC 7 in San Francisco on Tuesday.

“It’s really challenging to put it into words, but it was definitely a surprise,” she continued. “And it’s an unfortunate situation as we are trying to move this country forward, and making sure that black lives truly matter and that African Americans have a seat at the table — especially African American women. After what was done in this race on a national level, (it) definitely is unfortunate.”

Representation Matters: There Won’t Be A Black Woman US Senator In 2021

California Gov. Gavin Newsom's decision against picking a Black woman to fill Kamala Harris' U.S. Senate seat has sparked a larger conversation.

A debate over racial and ethnic representation in American government broke out Tuesday on social media after California Gov. Gavin Newsom decided against picking a Black woman to fill the U.S. Senate seat that Vice President-elect Kamala Harris leaves behind. Instead, Newsom chose Alex Padilla in an appointment that will make the outgoing California Secretary of State just the 10th person of Hispanic heritage to be a U.S. Senator. Padilla will also be California’s first Latino Senator.

However, on the flip side, the appointment also means that there won’t be a Black woman U.S. senator in 2021 when Harris is sworn-in as vice president and Padilla replaces her on Capitol Hill. In fact, it’ll be the first time the Senate won’t have a Black woman among its ranks in four years — the same amount of time Harris served in her first and only term.

Alex Padilla Senate Pick Divides Latino, Black Leaders in California

California Governor Gavin Newsom earned praise from Latino politicians for nominating Secretary of State Alex Padilla (D) to replace Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) as she takes office as Vice President — but also earned criticism from black leaders. Padilla will be the first Latino U.S. Senator from California. However, black leaders had urged Newsom to choose a black woman to replace Harris, who has been the state’s first black female member of the Senate(Snip) the Latino Community Foundation: “We’re just so glad Gov. Newsom made a historic pick because one of our own is going to the senate to fight not just for the Latino community but for all

We get reparations and other folks do. I wouldn’t care one bit.

Start with us though

This shit has got to be a joke. If not it's already started and it wasn't with us.

US to Japanese Americans
During World War II, the US had its own concentration camps. Starting in Feb. 19, 1942, by executive order of president Franklin Delano Roosevelt, 125,000 people of Japanese descent were interned due to the unfunded suspicion that they would conspire against the US. Many of them were American citizens, but were nevertheless forced to relocate from their west coast homes to inland camps. The estimated losses for the community were estimated to be several billion, both in lost productivity and property income losses. In 1948, Congress issued a reparation fund of $38 million, and then awarded each survivor $20,000 in in 1990. About 80,000 people claimed reparations, for a total of about $1.6 billion.

US to Aleuts of Alaska
The Japanese weren’t the only ones who were displaced during WWII. While it was fighting against the Japanese, the US occupied the islands of Kiska and Attu, in the Alaskan Aleutian Chain, and deported 881 Aleuts to camps in Juneau, Alaska, about 2,000 miles from the islands. In 1988, about 450 living survivors of the camps were awarded $12,000 each. When the reparation act was signed, the US admitted that it had kept Aleuts in captivity for much longer than required for their safety, and failed to provide sufficient care of them. In 1995, further compensation was given to the communities for the loss and damage to churches during the war.

Back