Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Beyoncé - COWBOY CARTER

27 tracks? Ok I guess. Let’s see how long it takes for me to cringe while I’m driving in this traffic.

Lemme see what this vinyl hitting for

Edit: just copped

Last edited:
Eh… she should have left Jolene alone. That low hanging fruit didn’t need to be picked.

I like some country but I also just like her singing and she's singing on this for most of the album

Yeah I'm a few tracks in and I'm happy she's actually singing on this and not the half singing/rap shit that herself and alot of singers fall into. Knowing you actually have to sing changes the entire approach and structure to a song and you can hear it on this album

I like the album 🤷🏾. I like that she got legends to pop up on it too, like Willie, Dolly, and Linda.

Her and Miley sound good as hell together on their song.

I think if people just listened to it as music without the genre backdrop they’d like it more because it’s a beautiful album musically.

I like the album 🤷🏾. I like that she got legends to pop up on it too, like Willie, Dolly, and Linda.

Her and Miley sound good as hell together on their song.

I think if people just listened to it as music without the genre backdrop they’d like it more because it’s a beautiful album musically.
Man these kneegrows don't listen to anything outside of struggle

If it was filled with "Becky with the good hair" mess, they would be calling it a classic

Jolene is the only song I really wanted to hear on this album. Her flip was alright, but I wish she would have just sang the original lyrics.
Thats the issue with this album everything is just alright. Its just a mid Beyonce album if you take away the genre label on here. No need to circle this block down the line.

Do you think if you liked Renaissance that you wouldn't like this? Or that if you didn't like Renaissance that you would like this?

Meh...I don't see what was the big gripe about "Jolene".

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Dolly's version was her begging Jolene to stay away from her man right? So wit Beyoncé version...wasn't she threatening that hefa to stay away? Like what black woman you know is gonna "beg" another woman to stay away from her man? Lol!

From a black woman's perspective...I see why she flipped it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Dolly's version was her begging Jolene to stay away from her man right? So wit Beyoncé version...wasn't she threatening that hefa to stay away? Like what black woman you know is gonna "beg" another woman to stay away from her man? Lol!

That has nothing to do with the gripe. Its just not a good cover. Dolly verson is miles better and Yonce didnt add anything great to it.

Now Whitney covering Dollys I Will Always Love You is how you do a cover.

I agree with this. Beyoncé should put her stamp on it and not just do a straight cover. In essence though, it was basically the same song just with different lyrics. Beat and everything was damn near the same.

Back