Welcome To aBlackWeb

Better Trilogy: Blueprint vs King's Disease

Better Trilogy

• Kings Disease

Votes: 16 94.1%
  • Blueprint

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
Tbh, when it comes to Jay vs Nas both of them has cemented their respective legacies in hip-hop but I think Nas has seriously surpassed Jay. In the first half of their careers Jay had the better overall catalog but it seems like every since '06 Nas has been running away with the shit.

Nas classics - Illmatic, IIW, Stillmatic, Untitled, Life Is Good, King's Disease, King's Disease II, Magic, & King's Disease III.

Jay-Z classics - Reasonable Doubt, Vol. 2, The Dynasty, Blueprint, The Black Album, American Gangster

It's like Nas went and got with Hitboy and found the fountain of youth or just hit the restart button it's crazy how he drop 4 straight classics (my opinion) in a 2 ½ yr span.
You count the dynasty as a classic and not vol 1 😮😮
Rap game crack game
A million questions
Face off
Where I'm from
Imaginary players
Who you wit
Friend or foe 2
You must love me
What on dynasty makes it better than vol 1 to you ??

Rap game crack game
A million questions
Face off
Where I'm from
Imaginary players
Who you wit
Friend or foe 2
You must love me
Dynasty is incredible... probably his most underrated project and it holds up with his best over time too. They switched producers to "no names" ... Just, Ye, Bink, Rick Rock - new sounds... and were SPITTIN. Sigel had some of his best material on there too and Jay refined that street style. That's when the Roc was THE ROC. Truly had to live thru it to get its impact.

Dynasty is incredible... probably his most underrated project and it holds up with his best over time too. They switched producers to "no names" ... Just, Ye, Bink, Rick Rock - new sounds... and were SPITTIN. Sigel had some of his best material on there too and Jay refined that street style. That's when the Roc was THE ROC. Truly had to live thru it to get its impact.
I did lol never heard anyone say it was classic. Mostly heard it was a throw away for jay. But to each his own.

Tbh, when it comes to Jay vs Nas both of them has cemented their respective legacies in hip-hop but I think Nas has seriously surpassed Jay. In the first half of their careers Jay had the better overall catalog but it seems like every since '06 Nas has been running away with the shit.

Nas classics - Illmatic, IIW, Stillmatic, Untitled, Life Is Good, King's Disease, King's Disease II, Magic, & King's Disease III.

Jay-Z classics - Reasonable Doubt, Vol. 2, The Dynasty, Blueprint, The Black Album, American Gangster

It's like Nas went and got with Hitboy and found the fountain of youth or just hit the restart button it's crazy how he drop 4 straight classics (my opinion) in a 2 ½ yr span.

KDIII a classic already? it’s not even a week old lol

KDIII a classic already? it’s not even a week old lol

I done listening to it about 3-4 times already and imo, I can't find nothing wrong with KD III... And this is coming from someone that rarely checks for hip-hop. I rarely come out and say a album is classic within the first week.

Rap game crack game
A million questions
Face off
Where I'm from
Imaginary players
Who you wit
Friend or foe 2
You must love me

Change The Game
Streets Is Talking
This Can't Be Life
Get Ya Mind Right Mami
Stick 2 The Script
You, Me, Him, Her
1-900-Hustler
Soon You Understand
Where Have You Been
Guilty Until Proven Innocent

The Dynasty had some serious heat on that album when you get some free time go back and check. I'll check vol.1 some time this week since you bought it up.

That shit is EASILY the worst album of the six, and one of Jay's worst albums overall. I'd say Bottom 3.

BP3
Kingdom Come
Magna Carta

Worst Jay albums.

Tbh, I think Kingdom Come is the WORST out all of Jay's albums. Like I said previously about the Blueprint series I think BP1 was and still is the best out the entire series. BP 2 was just trying to do much and just a bunch of tracks that didn't flow together. Now Blueprint 3 it was average considering what he just did w/American Gangster before at the time but I still would put BP3 over BP2.

My opinion - Blueprint >>>> Blueprint 3 >>>> Blueprint 2

I done listening to it about 3-4 times already and imo, I can't find nothing wrong with KD III... And this is coming from someone that rarely checks for hip-hop. I rarely come out and say a album is classic within the first week.

that’s cool
people usually define classic as something that stands the test of time and never gets old

it’s hard to determine that after 3-4 days

KC and BP3 aren’t bad albums. jay actually had heat on both projects

the issue with a lot of jay albums is that amongst the great songs, he has too many mid to bad songs as well. and his bad songs aren’t just bad. they’re cringy and come off as desperate attempts for radio play

Last edited:
If Blueprint alone is better than any of the KD albums….then it makes zero sense for anyone to say that KD is the better series

Which goes back to what I said on my original comment..

The blueprint series despite the second being not that great and the third being “mid” still has the greater impact

But this doesn’t take away Nas being the lyricist I like more

Back