Welcome To aBlackWeb

Better Trilogy: Blueprint vs King's Disease

Better Trilogy

• Kings Disease

Votes: 16 94.1%
  • Blueprint

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
eh, I like blueprint and parts of blueprint 2 and I don’t really like blueprint 3

I don’t like kd 1, I like kd2 and kd3.

Hmmmm

BP3 makes this an uphill battle for Jay. I haven't heard KD1 and 3 yet (I'm out the loop, sue me), but I haven't heard anything about Nas making one of his worst albums ever so I can't imagine the gap being that wide.

I knew this thread was coming sooner or later lol

King's Disease trilogy >>>> Blueprint trilogy

Tbh, it ain't even close when comparing them in my book. The Blueprint trilogy outside of BP1 could have been much better than what it was. Jay could have shrunk BP 2 down to just one disc instead of throwing a bunch of different tracks that really didn't flow together. Blueprint 3 was cool but nowhere on the level on Blueprint 1 but a much better album than the second one in the series. Blueprint 1 is flawless from start to finish due to the production alone and still stands the test of time as far as aging and going back and listening to it. Heart of the City is my favorite track on there.

Tbh, when it comes to Jay vs Nas both of them has cemented their respective legacies in hip-hop but I think Nas has seriously surpassed Jay. In the first half of their careers Jay had the better overall catalog but it seems like every since '06 Nas has been running away with the shit.

Nas classics - Illmatic, IIW, Stillmatic, Untitled, Life Is Good, King's Disease, King's Disease II, Magic, & King's Disease III.

Jay-Z classics - Reasonable Doubt, Vol. 2, The Dynasty, Blueprint, The Black Album, American Gangster

It's like Nas went and got with Hitboy and found the fountain of youth or just hit the restart button it's crazy how he drop 4 straight classics (my opinion) in a 2 ½ yr span.

What’s the best verse out of the six?

IMO the second verse off “The Cure” off KD1.

Tbh, when it comes to Jay vs Nas both of them has cemented their respective legacies in hip-hop but I think Nas has seriously surpassed Jay. In the first half of their careers Jay had the better overall catalog but it seems like every since '06 Nas has been running away with the shit.

Nas classics - Illmatic, IIW, Stillmatic, Untitled, Life Is Good, King's Disease, King's Disease II, Magic, & King's Disease III.

Jay-Z classics - Reasonable Doubt, Vol. 2, The Dynasty, Blueprint, The Black Album, American Gangster

It's like Nas went and got with Hitboy and found the fountain of youth or just hit the restart button it's crazy how he drop 4 straight classics (my opinion) in a 2 ½ yr span.
Fixed. You're giving both artists a TON of leeway here.

Last edited:
KD is the best trilogy, Blueprint is overall the best album.

I'll go with this. I don't even care for the KD trilogy to be honest. I haven't heard KD3 yet, but my problems with the previous two is that Hit Boy's production bores me. I'll go on a limb and say, it's more of the same with KD3. That said, from a quality standpoint, I'd say all the KD albums are likely better than BP2 and BP3.

Back