Welcome To aBlackWeb

Better Movie: Iron Man vs Man of Steel

Better Movie: Iron Man vs Man of Steel

• Total voters
Homie who played Superman killed it.
Yea I actually like dude who plays supes and his character/costume design nh

Besides him I don't think I gaf about another dc character on film.

Good villains do make for better movies, but they aren't the end all and be all of the movie. Iron Man was more about Tony coming into the role of Iron Man more than it was about him fighting a bad guy. The same way GotG was about the heroes teaming up more than it was about them taking down a big baddie. Both movies would have been better if the villains were more memorable, but the lack of strong villains didn't kill those movies.

But it's why I give the edge to MOS...

He came to be and understood his role as superman and he fought a great villain...

Shit just delivered on more levels... Especially when you add in the fights

But it's why I give the edge to MOS...

He came to be and understood his role as superman and he fought a great villain...

Shit just delivered on more levels... Especially when you add in the fights

That's fair. MoS had a much better villain, but Iron Man had the more engaging hero. So at best that's a wash, but really it should go in IM's favor since both movies revolve around the heroes.

The action was unquestionably better in MoS, but everything else (humor, dialogue, story, etc...) was better in IM.

This isn't really a debate. Iron Man was universally liked. MoS was panned even by DC fans. I personally think the MoS criticism was unfair, but even ignoring that, it wasn't a better movie than Iron Man. The action was better in MoS though. I think its fight scenes still stand up as some of the best in superhero movies.

IMO, the fights in MoS are hands down the best in a superhero flick.

Iron Man made me a believer in Marvel flicks. From start to finish I love that movie. It set the tone for the next 10 years of Marvel greatness.

BUT...

As superhero flicks go, Man Of Steel is simply a better movie. I've said it before and I'll say it again: The fight scenes in MoS are simply the best ever put to film. The level of destruction in the fight scenes are actually what I would expect if such a thing were to happen in real life. That standoff between Faora and Col Hardy, where dude pulls out a knife like "fuck it... Bullets didn't work... and I know I'mma die, but lemme at least go out on my feet with honor" and for him to lunge first was some cold shit.

Everything was dope about this flick.

Iron Man the better movie but Man of Steel was entertaining if anything else. They definitely dropped the ball with the Superman franchise since then tho.

IMO, the fights in MoS are hands down the best in a superhero flick.

I'd agree, but I think the fights in Ragnarok and Infinity War come close.

To be honest, all MoS really did was give us the best in-fight portrayal of super speed and that alone made the fights dope. No other movie has done that as well. Although I do think DoFP Quicksilver had the most entertaining super speed showing.

Still doesn’t mean they have to follow Marvel’s blueprint b
yea, i still stand behind this...

i've been a fan of dc comics for so many years, i've read so many great stories, i for the life of me never understood why they were trying to build a half assed team up, when there are legit stories in the comics that call for team ups that could have been told instead of jsut throwing niggaz together...

marvel infinity war was a legit comic arc, and even though they changed some characters...that was a real story they were building towards, and gave them a general direction on how to link the movies together.. it wasn't a cheap mash up, and thats why it workd...

DC on the other hand tried to force it, and it showed...

and they let the arrow verse jump the gun on crisis....

they could always go for blackest night or flash point, but if they gonna do it, build characters and their universe on their own. each character has a rich history and stories that haven't been told yet...

batman, superman, wonderwoman, aquaman, GL

they all have tons of stories and supporting characters that they need to build up before attempting to bring it together again

yea, i still stand behind this...

i've been a fan of dc comics for so many years, i've read so many great stories, i for the life of me never understood why they were trying to build a half assed team up, when there are legit stories in the comics that call for team ups that could have been told instead of jsut throwing niggaz together...

marvel infinity war was a legit comic arc, and even though they changed some characters...that was a real story they were building towards, and gave them a general direction on how to link the movies together.. it wasn't a cheap mash up, and thats why it workd...

DC on the other hand tried to force it, and it showed...

and they let the arrow verse jump the gun on crisis....

they could always go for blackest night or flash point, but if they gonna do it, build characters and their universe on their own. each character has a rich history and stories that haven't been told yet...

batman, superman, wonderwoman, aquaman, GL

they all have tons of stories and supporting characters that they need to build up before attempting to bring it together again
At the end of the day it’s about telling good stories, if the Justice League movie was good then none of this wouldn’t matter.

At the end of the day it’s about telling good stories, if the Justice League movie was good then none of this wouldn’t matter.

The story lacks in damn near all them movies besides Winter Soldier, Civil War, First Thor, GoG 1&2 and IW

DC lacks the shit heavy in Batman vs Superman, Justice League. (They still have time for more misses though lol)

The story lacks in damn near all them movies besides Winter Soldier, Civil War, First Thor, GoG 1&2 and IW

DC lacks the shit heavy in Batman vs Superman, Justice League. (They still have time for more misses though lol)
Marvel were hit and miss too in their early days but now they’re on top because they found something that works. DC just has to find their thing. Aqua Man is a step in the right direction.

Back