Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Better In Their Prime: Fab or Mase?

Better In Their Prime?

• Fab

• Mase

Results are only viewable after voting.
lol @ prime mase

Shortest prime ever

I kinda hate how mase has one of the best flows ever and how good he was and majority of his career was a waste

If he wasn’t doing shiny suit raps he was being a pastor or doing welcome back

mase prime is super short

fab became better by default, but i think at his peak mase was higher
he flowed effortlessly and unique to him, and the way he was sliding on mo money mo problems was better to me than the way fab rhymes

just my opinion

Fab had a better career, but if we're just going off their prime, it's gotta be Mase.

In 98, the "big 3" was Jay, X and Mase.

I don't think there's ever been a time where Fab was in the conversation as the #1 rapper in the game.

I was living in NYC during the Bad Boy era.

Ma$e had Hot 97 on lock.

Ma$e had hits in the traditional sense. Fab was hot on mixtapes but he never blew up like Ma$e on Bad Boy.

Ma$e's commercial prime may have been short but everything he touched through his career, bar 'Welcome Back' was damn near flawless imo..

He was killing the underground with 'Children of The Corn' etc, those 'American Dream' tracks etc were mad dope... All the features he had with BIG, Lox and Bad Boy etc were GOAT, plus two classics with 'Harlem World' and 'Double Up'...

When he came back with 'I Dunno Officer' I was mad hyped, I left work on my lunch and copped 'Get Rich' OST just to hear the new Ma$e material...

If you liked Mase, you liked Mase... opinions are subjective. Prime Fab was competing with Banks and Cassidy for punchline king at one point, plus he had multiple runs outlasting Mase's prime run. Soul Tape Fab is slept on.

Fab had a better career, but if we're just going off their prime, it's gotta be Mase.

In 98, the "big 3" was Jay, X and Mase.

I don't think there's ever been a time where Fab was in the conversation as the #1 rapper in the game.

Number 1 shit you mentioned a big 3 his ass was never in one of those.

niggas talking what he's done now, nigga been rapping for 20+ years. He finally started dropping some dope shit in year 18... :hahaha:

Back