Welcome To aBlackWeb

Better City: Chicago or Detroit?

Nobody outside of that DMV are or NY area can readily recognize a DC nigga. I ain’t saying yall don’t have a unique way of being. I’m saying why don’t the city as a whole push that sound as, this is our sound?

Like artist from other areas do. No matter how big a Houston artist get, his music is distinctively Houston, same with Cali, or Mia, or ATL, and such. Can you say that the biggest artist to come out of DC in the past maybe 10 years, Wale, had a distinctively DC sound?

Our sound has been apart of hip hop for nearly 40 years.

People know when they hear a go-go beat where it's from

Just say don't know jack shit of what you talking about.

Our sound has been apart of hip hop for nearly 40 years.

People know when they hear a go-go beat where it's from

Just say don't know jack shit of what you talking about.

You posted one Wale song and a bunch of songs that no one outside of DC would know they are influenced by DC. All you did was prove my point.

You can drop a song by an artist that’s using an n.o insipired bounce beat and folks gonna know where the sound came from. Same with drill beats and Chicago, bass beats and Mia, funk and chopped beats and Houston.

Cause those artist come out and exclusively are on those sounds, walk and talk the slang and terminology of their towns.

I’m sorry that DC artists that make it to the main stage don’t do that, but that’s where the question of why came from. I’m not saying yall don’t have a sound like it said, I said it’s not prominently known.

Nobody outside of that DMV are or NY area can readily recognize a DC nigga. I ain’t saying yall don’t have a unique way of being. I’m saying why don’t the city as a whole push that sound as, this is our sound?

Like artist from other areas do. No matter how big a Houston artist get, his music is distinctively Houston, same with Cali, or Mia, or ATL, and such. Can you say that the biggest artist to come out of DC in the past maybe 10 years, Wale, had a distinctively DC sound?

Wale has used a lot of gogo in his music though

You can drop a song by an artist that’s using an n.o insipired bounce beat and folks gonna know where the sound came from. Same with drill beats and Chicago, bass beats and Mia, funk and chopped beats and Houston.

Cause those artist come out and exclusively are on those sounds, walk and talk the slang and terminology of their towns.

I’m sorry that DC artists that make it to the main stage don’t do that, but that’s where the question of why came from. I’m not saying yall don’t have a sound like it said, I said it’s not prominently known.

Bruh it’s like one DC artist and it’s Wale. The rest I wouldn’t say are underground but they not mainstream.

My girl family from Detroit so you already know......

Chicago

giphy.gif

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUCK some "footwork"

I'm sorry, but there ain't no comparison.

Back