Welcome To aBlackWeb

Better City: Chicago or Detroit?

Blow both of the- oh they dancing…

Ehh if I had to choose I GUESS Chicago but I don’t like either tbh
Jersey shit!
I was definitely bout to say both dances are trash but a couple of the Detroit dudes was doing their thing.

Also I've seen jooking irl better than the vid

Oh, and Detroit Jit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Chicago Footwork. Them niggas look like they doing that Tom and Jerry Zoot Suit shit where Jittin looks like actual dance moves.

giphy.gif

How come this flavor don’t make it outside of your cities?

All I know about Chicago is corrupt politicians and high murder rates. All I know about Detroit is car manufacturers and depression.

No diss, no disrespect intended, that’s just what comes out of the city by and large.

How come this flavor don’t make it outside of your cities?

All I know about Chicago is corrupt politicians and high murder rates. All I know about Detroit is car manufacturers and depression.

No diss, no disrespect intended, that’s just what comes out of the city by and large.

Chicago is the birthplace of House. Detroit is the birthplace of Techno. Both styles of music have been around the world and back.

Chicago is the birthplace of House. Detroit is the birthplace of Techno.
Know how Cali got a sound that’s uniquely west coast, a way of dress that’s uniquely westcost, lingo and accents that’s uniquely west coast, and I’ve never been to the west coast but they embrace their own culture so much that a lot more than what we assume about, comes out of the west.

I wonder why cities like Detroit, Chi, DC, Baltimore, Shreport, and Boston, don’t have that uniquely recognizable style.

Like a ATL, Mia, STL, and N.O have , a lot with Houston and such,

I wonder they those cities don’t rep the cities culture when on the main stage. They almost act like mini New Yorks when giving lime light

Know how Cali got a sound that’s uniquely west coast, a way of dress that’s uniquely westcost, lingo and accents that’s uniquely west coast, and I’ve never been to the west coast but they embrace their own culture so much that a lot more than what we assume about, comes out of the west.

I wonder why cities like Detroit, Chi, DC, Baltimore, Shreport, and Boston, don’t have that uniquely recognizable style.

I wonder they those cities don’t rep the cities culture when on the main stage. They almost act like mini New Yorks when giving lime light

Early 00's to about the mid-10's Detroit hip hop had a sound of it's own dubbed "The Beautiful Ugly" and the MC's were known to be straight up lyricists. I think it was Rolling Stone that said that if there was one place that was keeping the essence of Hip Hop alive, it was Detroit. Cats like Dilla, Black Milk, Houseshoes, 14KT, and 'nem on the beats and Guilty Simpson, Phat Kat, Elzhi, Royce, Marv Won, Paradime, Danny Brown, Lo Louis, Fat Ray, King Gordy... Yeah, Detroit definitely had a sound, but now these new Detroit MC's sounding like everybody else coming out so the sound its being watered down.

Chicago is almost similar to NYC.
I was in Electrician school in Great Lakes and use to go to the City during the weekends. Dating a cockeyed BBW I met off Blackplanet. She showed me around.
I don't know much about Detroit
but Carhartt & Carhartt WIP are my favorite clothing.

Last edited:

They do just on a smaller scale. And people want to move to atl and my and Mia. But people that move to Baltimore and such are usually from that state

Nobody outside of that DMV are or NY area can readily recognize a DC nigga. I ain’t saying yall don’t have a unique way of being. I’m saying why don’t the city as a whole push that sound as, this is our sound?

Like artist from other areas do. No matter how big a Houston artist get, his music is distinctively Houston, same with Cali, or Mia, or ATL, and such. Can you say that the biggest artist to come out of DC in the past maybe 10 years, Wale, had a distinctively DC sound?

This was that old Detroit sound: loose timing on the drums, snare out front, etc. Ionno what the fuck happened to it, but when I think "Detroit hip hop" this was it for over a decade.

Back