Duwop

You're the target, not the victim 🧐
Mod Squad
Actor
Stand up comedian
Musician

Who did it better
Pictured-Jamie-Foxx-Donald-Glover.jpg

Donald Glover is just starting out and is on a good roll.

Community, Atlanta, Awaken my love, and lets see how he does Lando.

Jamie Foxx stand ups killed me, his in living color sketches were meh. Music was iight.
Ray charles was magnum opus.

Imma have to give it to Donald for accomplishing so much in a few years

You ever see Donald stand up...

He called kids a sexually transmitted disease worse than AIDS.
People feel sorry when you got AIDS... They don't give you shit when you got kids

Neither is good at stand up to me.

Atlanta > Jamie Foxx Show

Awaken My Love > Any Foxx album

Gambino >

Jamie foxx easily
Easily?

Music wise, I don't think Jamie touching dude from a creative standpoint.

TV show wise, Atlanta is great after one season. And Jamie foxx show might be better than community... But I can say I never really got into community.... Their faithful claim it's a goat show...

Stand up Jamie got that.

So I'll give Glover the music, Foxx the comedy.... And they're fairly even for acting....

I can't agree with easily

Easily?

Music wise, I don't think Jamie touching dude from a creative standpoint.

TV show wise, Atlanta is great after one season. And Jamie foxx show might be better than community... But I can say I never really got into community.... Their faithful claim it's a goat show...

Stand up Jamie got that.

So I'll give Glover the music, Foxx the comedy.... And they're fairly even for acting....

I can't agree with easily

How are they even acting? Where is glover's Ray?

I fuck with Glover heavy, I own the Awaken My Love on vinyl, but this comparison is way too premature. One is an award winning actor, the other isn't. One was on In Living Color the other Community..... One had a show for 5 seasons the other has 1 season. One has a ton of hit records, the other just got one last year.

Slow down lol he's not there yet.

I fuck with Glover heavy, I own the Awaken My Love on vinyl, but this comparison is way too premature. One is an award winning actor, the other isn't. One was on In Living Color the other Community..... One had a show for 5 seasons the other has 1 season. One has a ton of hit records, the other just got one last year.

Slow down lol he's not there yet.

Didn't Gambino get an award last year for ATL?

But Jamie got this.

Acting - Any Given Sunday, Ali, Collateral, Ray, In Living Color

And Awaken was dope but Unpredictable>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

That's true, I was more so thinking about serious acting, being that ATL is a comedy, but you're right.

Jamie Fox as an actor greater
Gambino as a musician..(basing this off his last album) jamie foxx doesnt have anything like this
As a comedian it Jamie but again you cant really quantify it but id say jamie because hes been doing this for a minute

mass appeal doesn't make you more talented .. thats just perception but how most cats think.. we will have to goto the accolades and history its an imperfect measurement and universally accepted so im going to go with history

..and why must everything must needlessly be compared that shit really takes away from appreciating the work/art especially when people are great enough to be considered artist..

And you cant make a thread asking a question that has two sides and be mad about everyone choice in that case make a fan thread lol

Besides Jamie Foxx is part Wakandan

Donald Glover ain't have to dress up like a chick to get on....

:ainttrippin:

Jaime got it. 15 years Donald may get it. But Jaime can play mad roles. Glover probably can to but most his characters seem the same

Jamie is the better stand up comedian, but his stand up really isn’t that great. Glover makes better music. I like Atlanta more than the Jamie Foxx show so I give the edge to Donald Glover.

I think it needs to be said that Glover also picked up the baton that was dropped since boondocks went off air....

before boondocks had it, chapelle show had it...

it's essentially that black satire that actually "gets it" while funny, it's brutally honest, and accurately expresses the frustrations that many black folk share....

we felt the shit outta season 1 of atlanta,..some of us were calling the best show on tv period when it came out...it was a strong strong first season.....

His contribution to my generation...already..this early in the game...i feel is more significant....

i'm more interested in what 2018 brings for glover than i was ever for anything dealing with jamie

Back