• Training Day

• Boyz N The Hood

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I THINK the directors cut of TD fills in some holes

I THINK

or I read somewhere years ago what things were cut from the film

Training Day was a ok movie with a memorable Denzel performance & a semi trash ending. Boyz n da Hood is a goddamn classic from start to finish with a relatable story. To this day I really wish Denzel won the Oscar for Malcom X instead of Training Day.

Cube's momma showed alot of bias in the 2 sons.... yeah Cube was a fuck up but he seen his momma putting all her energy in the brother's hope of going to college /Nfl ... that can affect a child tbh.

Cube's momma showed alot of bias in the 2 sons.... yeah Cube was a fuck up but he seen his momma putting all her energy in the brother's hope of going to college /Nfl ... that can affect a child tbh.
They was highlighting how it is when a mom with kids by two different dudes does the kids. I feel like that was the first time in film I ever saw that.

As for the movies, I feel like Boys edges it because of what was on screen. You had to watch the Director's Commentary of Training Day to get the full scope of who Alonzo was with the Vietnam shit, racism, etc that made him become who he was by the time we meet him. If that movie was in Post MCU 3-hour runtime movie land, Training Day would top it because none of that content would've been cut. As it stands, BIDH gets the nod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back