Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Best Fighting Game Series (Nomination Thread)

No
virtua fighter
Power stone
Blazblue
Naruto
Dragonball z
Dead or alive
Injustice

Games??

Last edited:
I think Rival Schools has a valid claim at a top 20 spot.... Hell maybe even 10.

I was a big fan of the EX series.

Fatal fury/ KOF was dope, but impossible on a sega genesis 6 pad. Much easier to play with a stick on the PS4.

I wish I could say Virtua Fighter, but could never understand the mechanics beyond punching kicking and side stepping. Akira's moveset always intrigued me but also confused the absolute shit out of me.

The SNK fighters released for Genesis were at their best on the Sega CD. I had Samurai Showdown and Fatal Fury Special for mine and they were both pretty fuckin' close to the Neo Geo originals.

I would recommend DB Fighterz based on it's success and being the first serious FGC DBZ game.
Got two more choices because I'm tallying up right now

Also in addition between your two picks give me the choice between mortal kombat and KOF

I think Rival Schools has a valid claim at a top 20 spot.... Hell maybe even 10.

Fatal fury/ KOF was dope, but impossible on a sega genesis 6 pad. Much easier to play with a stick on the PS4.

I wish I could say Virtua Fighter, but could never understand the mechanics beyond punching kicking and side stepping. Akira's moveset always intrigued me but also confused the absolute shit out of me.

Yeah Virtua was like doing damn homework and if you didn't play for a few days you would look like a amateur out there...but once you were in that flow it was the goat fighter...

I loved rival schools mad they never brought it back

Back