Welcome To aBlackWeb

Best Collabs Between Rap and R&B Artists

The Lonious Monk

Celestial Souljah
We can use this topic to post the best Rap/R&B collaboration songs. The collabs have become more common over time, but I think the ones from the 90s/early 00s are much better because the rap and R&B portions were typically more distinct back then. Now, so many artist blur the line between rapping and singing that the collaborations don't sound that much different than a normal rap or R&B joint.

Anyway, I'll start it off.

Lol

So I've been listening to The Best Of Both Worlds by JAY-Z and R. Kelly of late ... ( It's hardly available on streaming platforms)

I think Jay had some of his best rhymes in that album as a recording artiste ... But the stigma of Kelly's crimes have tainted the record

Lol

So I've been listening to The Best Of Both Worlds by JAY-Z and R. Kelly of late ... ( It's hardly available on streaming platforms)

I think Jay had some of his best rhymes in that album as a recording artiste ... But the stigma of Kelly's crimes have tainted the record

Interesting. I honestly never bothered listening to it. Not even because of the R Kelly drama either. I just didn't think it was a collab that would appeal to me across a whole album.

Lol

damn
it just hit me i’ve never even bothered listening to that album despite jay being my favorite rapper lol

Back