Welcome To aBlackWeb

Ben Carson is trying to make a late run for ‘Coon of the Year’ says reparations for descendants of slavery is “unworkable”

Ben Carson calls reparations for descendants of slaves “unworkable”

In the wide-ranging interview, Carson also explained why he has concerns about the idea of reparations for the descendants of slavery.

Duncan asked, “When you think about the conversations that have happened regarding reparations, do you think that’s something worth considering when you look at the inequity with African American wealth versus [that of] white Americans?”

“What I would say about reparations is, you know, show me a mechanism that works,” Carson replied. “You know, I did my DNA analysis. OK. I’m 77% sub-Saharan African, 20% European, 3% Asian. So how do you proportion that out to everybody?”

“If you can prove you’re a descendant of a slave, though, do you think it’s worth having a conversation?” Duncan asked.

“Yeah, but what percentage of money do you get? What percentage of reparation? No one is ever going to be able to work that out,” Carson said.

“But nobody considered what percentage of what black people looked like in the Civil Rights era,” said Duncan. “They didn’t say, ‘Well, we’re not going to discriminate against you because you might be partially this or partially that.”‘

“Proportionately, you’re not going to be able to figure it out. And where do you stop it? It’s unworkable.
So, I would much rather concentrate on how do we provide the opportunities for people to get into a better economic situation now.”

“And make it fair now?”

“Yes.”

no cape at all but I, not being a mathematician wizard, dont see how it would actually be done either

but im sure there's professionals in this area that could

no cape at all but I, not being a mathematician wizard, dont see how it would actually be done either

Just cut me and mines our check

It may be hard but it's not unworkable.

We put people on the moon, split atoms and have jetpacks and shit.

How much per person?

Would age matter?

Would a 1 year get the same as an adult?
I think the watchmen had it ironed out pretty good. DNA to be traced specifically to a bloodline that leads back to the DNA of slaves. Cause we not all the descendants of slaves.

Then you gotta consider the massive amount of people totally not down wit the government having their DNA on record like dat. So that would cut down on the pure amount of people. With also a certain vested amount for each person over the age of 18.

It can be done, but it would be very intrusive and highly improbable

I think the watchmen had it ironed out pretty good. DNA to be traced specifically to a bloodline that leads back to the DNA of slaves. Cause we not all the descendants of slaves.

Then you gotta consider the massive amount of people totally not down wit the government having their DNA on record like dat. So that would cut down on the pure amount of people. With also a certain vested amount for each person over the age of 18.

It can be done, but it would be very intrusive and highly improbable

Im pretty sure they was holding the DNA of slaves back then.

We need reparations for generations of systematic racism.

Any black person that been here a few generations should get it

We need reparations for generations of systematic racism.

Any black person that been here a few generations should get it
Which is the much smarter and stronger argument. The push for urban renewal of roads, towns, schools, rec centers, police academy's, fire academy's, nursing, and other public services.

The people become the reparations

Back