Welcome To aBlackWeb

Being woke and celebrating Christmas

So do yall celebrate Christmas? Like the religious part of it? How you feel about when you around the family and they wanna do a quick prayer or go to Church and all that.

I know black people are less into mainstream religion now and trying to become "woke" or whatever and are more vocal with being anti Christian and all that comes with it.

It's more of a corporate holiday than a religious one nowadays
Yea, society has definitely commercialized 12/25, sadly. As we age we can still acknowledge the religious stance that this day follows. Stop spending yo money ppl ..

I don't make a big deal about it.

You either celebrate it...or you don't.

I do believe tho that adults shouldn't take that belief away from their kids. Let them believe in Santa if they want. Their innocence is precious and should not be something snatched away, all b/c folks wanna force their reality on them.

Their kids...let them be kids. They'll grow outta that eventually.

I don't make a big deal about it.

You either celebrate it...or you don't.

I do believe tho that adults shouldn't take that belief away from their kids. Let them believe in Santa if they want. Their innocence is precious and should not be something snatched away, all b/c folks wanna force their reality on them.

Their kids...let them be kids. They'll grow outta that eventually.
Fuck that.

Better let your kids know. It's too many bitch ass niggas and nigga ass bitches out here waiting to take advantage of innocence. And they're having kids too.

Tell em asap: niggas be hating, bitches be lying, only local elections matter, and Santa ain't real.

I love the holidays. I love my family and friends gathering around my table in my home that I work very hard to maintain. The religious aspect of Christmas is a non-issue for me.

Haven't celebrated the religious part of it since my grandfather was around to celebrate with...
I am uninvited from my family, so they bare no significance in my spiritual beliefs.
And being that it's turned out to be a santa (anagram SATAN) driven holiday... I don't think Jesus would mine me not celebrating his birthday... That may or may not even be until March anyway!

I don't even have a tree up. We celebrate my daughters birthday a week before Christmas and new years eve a week after.

i get people lil gifts and things outta courtesy...mfs get me stuff and i feel wrong not returning the bite. as far as the "holiday" fk it. people are so full of shit, they wanna fake being nice and whatever because its the season. the punk ass xmas songs that come on nonstop the day after halloween now. even more so, living in hawaii, it doesnt drop below 70 usually, so you not getting that full bullshit xmas season experience portrayed anyway..

lol my bitter ass

S9zCKA2.gif

80% of what we know as Xmas is actually attributed to the Nordic holiday Yule. It almost has nothing to do with Christianity in the way Americans celebrate it

I celebrate all holidays and whole immediate fam gets together for all of them along with all 7 of our bdays. Keeps us connected and close all throughout the year.

Back