Welcome To aBlackWeb

Before They Were Stars: Boyz In The Hood - Dem Boyz

Young Joc & Gorilla Zoe had successful debuts sales wise on Bad Boy South. The big thing tho was Jeezy signing his solo deal with Def Jam. Had they had Jeezy maybe things would of been different.

He used these guys and 8ball and MJG as his BB south artists
This but instead of just solidifying bad boy as a label, bad boy South was clearly used to try and ride the southern wave. He also put chopper on that label as well.

Even def jam South as a label played the same role in helping to segregate the regions

Young Joc & Gorilla Zoe had successful debuts sales wise on Bad Boy South. The big thing tho was Jeezy signing his solo deal with Def Jam. Had they had Jeezy maybe things would of been different.

Glad Jeezy went with Def Jam. Diddy wouldnt have done him justice. And that arrogant shit he be on wouldnt have flown for a nigga like Jeezy...especially at that time

Glad Jeezy went with Def Jam. Diddy wouldnt have done him justice. And that arrogant shit he be on wouldnt have flown for a nigga like Jeezy...especially at that time
yeah, diddy has a bad track record with longevity (other than his own). Artists are lucky to get 2 albums out with him. Would've been interesting to see what would've happened with Big and Diddy if Big had lived and been able to fulfill his Bad Boy contract.

Bad Boy and Def Jam could've both just kept their main labels, and still put people in charge like Scarface to run those respective offices, but the imprint would've still been under one umbrella

Imagine ludacris' career if he's not boxed in to just Def Jam South

I never cared for it too much. Was never a big fan of jeezy either. I liked that Jody Breeze mixtape he did after this though, but then i havent heard anything from him after that. Jeezy was the one that got super successful but wtf happened to breeze? He had a nice buzz too but disappeared.

Didn't Diddy convince Jeezy to stay for that first album even though he already had a solo deal and album on the way? At least that's what I remember hearing back in the day
Yeah i recall this too. Dont know the full story but i definitely recall hearing something about Diddy convincing Jeezy to be in the group.

It was his FIRST mainstream appearance. There is literally nothing to debate about that.

I just looked it up real quick.

Jeezy joined Boys n da Hood in 2004 and they dropped their album in June 2005 with Dem Boyz as a single being released a little earlier. Jeezy recorded And Then What? with Manny Fresh in 2004 and it dropped officially in June 2005 with it leaking a little before that. That was a hit so it would definitely count as a mainstream appearance. The overlap is pretty big there. I'm not really sure which one came first exactly, but I would say it is debatable as far as which really put him on the map.

Jeezy joined Boys n da Hood in 2004 and they dropped their album in June 2005 with Dem Boyz as a single being released a little earlier. Jeezy recorded And Then What? with Manny Fresh in 2004 and it dropped officially in June 2005 with it leaking a little before that. That was a hit so it would definitely count as a mainstream appearance. The overlap is pretty big there. I'm not really sure which one came first exactly, but I would say it is debatable as far as which really put him on the map.
Dem Boyz blew up first.

jody had a FIRE mixtape after this that was hosted by jazze pha

i cant find it anywhere

I got a couple of his from like 06 laying around. I'll try to upload'em to my computer and send them to you.

I know these tracks were on there....

"Stackin' Paper" ft. Slim Thug

"AK's & Chevrolet's"

"Stay Fresh"

"Take It Outside" ft. Pastor Troy

Btw, Jeezy was just an honorary member of BITH. It was originally Duke and Gee with Jody coming on later.

Block and Diddy asked him to do it as a favor since he already had a movement to help their situation out. It was a one shot deal for Jizzle from the get go.

Last edited:

Dem Boyz blew up first.

So Icy dropped in April...

Back