Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Batman: The Animated Series Discussion Thread

RazorRaheem

I’m boss up Here!
Since their was a recent X-Men The Animated Series thread I figured Batman should get one too. Let’s discuss our favorite episodes and favorite villains and why it’s the most superior animated cartoon over everything else!

vastly superior writing and animation

Oh sorry this isn’t a head to head thread
It’s not the head to head thread, but you can still say things in comparison to other animated shows. I especially enjoyed the dialogue felt it was very mature for a children’s show and the little hints and nuggets of living your life and learning lessons that you could apply to life.

If you were born in the mid/late 80s you already know how much this show meant to us. Running home from the bus to catch this, Tiny Tune Adventures, Animaniacs, and OG Power Rangers before Ricky Lake came on religiously.

The Clayface saga always stuck with me and one of my favorite cartoon arcs ever. Even to this day I'm praying we get a live action Clayface sometime down the line in these movies.

If you were born in the mid/late 80s you already know how much this show meant to us. Running home from the bus to catch this, Tiny Tune Adventures, Animaniacs, and OG Power Rangers before Ricky Lake came on religiously.

The Clayface saga always stuck with me and one of my favorite cartoon arcs ever. Even to this day I'm praying we get a live action Clayface sometime down the line in these movies.
I don’t think we will ever get a live action Clayface especially if the Nolan directing trend continues with Matt Reeves it only making realistic Bat villains see the big screen. I was actually thinking about Clayface and trying to see how they could do a realistic version the closes thing I could think of would be having a different variety of guys playing him and having one main guy controlling them all. I figure take the three different Clayfaces from the comics and combine the stories, but hats off to any writer that takes that challenge.

just adapt the batman TAS storyline into a movie script.....

disgraced actor who turned to the mob for experimental aging cream that fucked up his dna and became addictive

that's how they stay fucking up with batman,

they think they need to add more... just do less, and expand on what you got....

put more attention into dialogue and building suspenseful climaxes vs adding actions sequences and more characters....

TAS worked so well cuz the stores were simple...deep, but simple.....

it was the emotion that drove it, not the action.....

in comparison, today animated series have way more action, and cooler fight scenes... back n the day, it was about the story.....

and that's always been DC's strongest attribute, great characters with great stories, TAS highlighted that more than any other series....

even the future batman shows were about the gadgets, the technology, the global impact...

TAS dude be trying to solve simple shit like "who stole a drum of chemicals, and why?" "who attempted to kill the commissioner?" "who stole a priceless diamond"

like that's in, that's the whole story....

one of my favorite episodes was the sweat camp episode... all Bruce was doing was investigating kidnappings, and got amnesia,,,,

like everything doesn't have to have high stakes.....just tell good stories

TAS excelled at that

I don’t think we will ever get a live action Clayface especially if the Nolan directing trend continues with Matt Reeves it only making realistic Bat villains see the big screen. I was actually thinking about Clayface and trying to see how they could do a realistic version the closes thing I could think of would be having a different variety of guys playing him and having one main guy controlling them all. I figure take the three different Clayfaces from the comics and combine the stories, but hats off to any writer that takes that challenge.

I think a Clayface or Mr Freeze could have worked with Batfleck

Reactions: GNS
Back