Welcome To aBlackWeb

NO SPOILERS NO SPOILERS

Airbnb's are not for me !!

PRAISE: My biggest problem with staying at Airbnbs is the fact that I don't know who else aside from the owner has access to the Home/APT. Now in this horror film the renters have a whole other problem in this story about various characters renting a place that definitely has something sinister about it.
One of the things that made me enjoy this movie is where the characters find themselves and their sixth sense is telling them not to do certain things but worry, anger, and need come in to play and overpowers all logic and reason.
There are some creepy moments and jump scares .
Director Zach Creggers previous work as a TV actor shines through and is fleshed out in the character Justin Long portrays(really believable in this role) Bill Skarsgard and Georgina Campbell do a great job in their roles also.
Creggers did a great job of putting me in the shoes of the characters especially in a standout scene in the second act of the movie. I liked how the film slowly but surely revealed why the film has its title.

PROBLEMS: There's some basicness to some of the plot and it's definitely repetitive at times. Some steps made by the characters are questionable. There are a couple of plot holes. Some scenes felt like they were borrowed from horror films that were released earlier this year.

Scale of 1 to 10 an 8

I can't express how ridiculous this movie was. So many plotholes

1. The so called scary stuff was funny or stupid as hell

2. The monster/incest thing was butt ass nekkid and super strong. Like how?

3. Movie title had nothing to do with the actual movie

4. Last but not least, people have been renting the AirBnB for awhile and been gone missing and nobody not once said, " damn where's my family member that was last scene in the house that multiple people has been missing from?"

Back